Aqua Puss - Volume Drop?

Murraypops

I was sure the reason I stayed clear of the Aqua Puss was because of the reported volume drop...now I can't seem to find any threads complaining about this.

Am I tripping?

JRC4558Dude

The Aqua Puss MkII that I have has a volume drop and terrible clock noise at longer delay settings.

Which is a drag, because I really like the tone of the repeats...

Aqua puss has no volume drop! Thst was the first version of the supa puss.

The only issue with the aqua puss for me (which isn't even an issue) is if you use a ridiculous amount of volume boost into it then it compresses, but that's only with an ungodly amount of boost, like an amount you'd probably never use. If this is somehow an issue for you then use the aqua puss before your overdrives and boosts, that's what it says to do in the manual.

Love that pedal, pretty much have it on all the time.

caspersvapors

Silver Supporting Member
Aqua puss has no volume drop! Thst was the first version of the supa puss.

The only issue with the aqua puss for me (which isn't even an issue) is if you use a ridiculous amount of volume boost into it then it compresses, but that's only with an ungodly amount of boost, like an amount you'd probably never use. If this is somehow an issue for you then use the aqua puss before your overdrives and boosts, that's what it says to do in the manual.

Love that pedal, pretty much have it on all the time.
aqua puss absolutely has a volume drop, thats why I got rid of mine

Yeah never experienced a volume drop, in fact I often kick it on for leads, maybe your issue is with power supply? Or it's defective.

manimal

Absolutely noooo volume drop in mine. None, zero. If anything its perfectly consistent and you can get the repeats pretty loud and clear which is tough with analog delay. Such a fantastic pedal.

rhinocaster

Gold Supporting Member
I have two and had another one. No volume drop that I've ever noticed.

Slapback heaven.... :)

toast487

I have an MKII. It's Hard to say. I think it may be a perceived volume drop due to the darkening up of the tone after it's kicked on. That's my experience at least.

Trending Topics