Aquapuss volume drop?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by jlo, Mar 19, 2015.

1. jlo

jlo Member

Love the sound of the AP but does anyone notice a drop in volume when engaged? I run it early in the chain before any gain.

2. strombie

strombie Member

I only noticed a volume drop when using my high gain overdrive pedals. with cleaner tones I didn't really notice any drop. it wasn't a massive volume drop but just enough to notice it

3. groovemeister

groovemeister Member

i use to notice a drop when i ran it at the end of the chain.... one day i finally read the manual where it tells you to place it before dirt.... so i did. now i don't notice any drop. i agree with the dude above me that it was more noticeable with fuzz and high gain pedals.
    i just noticed that you are running it early in the chain and still notice a drop - jesus, that is weird man

4. JRC4558Dude

JRC4558Dude Member

I have the volume drop with mine.

Not that it bothers me, though. I took mine off my board long ago because of the clock noise. :(

5. Bear Detective

Bear Detective Member

The real solution here is just to have it on all the time, the aqua puss should never be off it sounds so good. :p

But for me also I only notice a volume drop if I'm running a ton of boost into it.

6. jlo

jlo Member

Yes it does sound sweet. Im thinking of putting it in a loop with an ep booster to compensate. Unless there is something wrong with it...