Aquavibe not "chewy" enough?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by trumpus, Aug 27, 2008.

1. trumpus

trumpus Supporting Member

Hey all,

I've had my Aquavibe here for a few days and I'm not quite sure what to think yet. I am sort of torn - for some reason, it doesn't seem nearly as "chewy" or "warbly" as my big white Dejavibe (the white elephant as I call it).

I was wondering if this is something that others have found also? I know that in the information Dave provided with the Aquavibe, it notes that the width and center adjustments allow for tweakbility such that most other vibe sounds can be achieved. Has anyone here compared it to the Dejavibe? If so, what are your thoughts?

Anything I can do to make this Aquavibe a bit deeper, warblier and chewier?

Brian

2. Rid

Rid Senior Member

Well you got the Deja for that...this Aqua baby is a watersprite:)

3. StompBoxBlues

StompBoxBlues Member

I'm on the list, but was interested to know what the difference is between the provibe (sold seperately, but also have one in my Captain Coconuts) and the Aquavibe?

I know with the provibe, I had to learn to appreciate and even LOVE it.
    My Mojo, and deja-mini were much easier to set, and sound great too, but the provibe gets as chewy as you want, can be adjusted easily to get back the lows when running off of a fuzz, etc....but it is touchier...takes time to dial in.

Point being, if I were you I would spend some time with it before selling it on. There is still a long waiting list, so you will get your money back even maybe some profit, but if you spend time (and a possible tip...it took me a while to be "gentle" enough with the settings...there is a whole world of sounds tweaking just a few millimeters one way or the other on width and center...on the provibe...can suddenly be perfect!).

4. rollyfoster

rollyfoster Supporting Member

i still want to know what's up with the boognish on his home page with no other mention of deaner on the site.

5. benjammin

benjammin Member

+1!

6. trumpus

trumpus Supporting Member

Word - no plans to sell it or try to turn a profit - I like having different flavors to suit different situations. I guess I was just wonderin', thats all...

I'm not dissatisfied, quite the contrary actually. I dig it's transparency - I may just end up re-introducing a phaser back to my board for the chewy-swirly, watery liquid sounds...

Brian

7. dosmun

dosmun Member

Adjust the "center" control to around 11:00 and tweak a bit from there.

8. Chadley

Chadley Member

I have found the center and width knobs to be very interactive with each other. I would try different center settings while only adjusting the width knob for a while, then make another small center knob adjustment, place with the width some more, etc. etc. You will find many variations within while doing so.

9. Wooley

Wooley Member

I can get it to sound "chewier" (like my KR, but not quite as chewy) when I want, but I'll have to check the settings.

I prefer it to my KR, Deja, Roger Mayer, and ProVibe, because it is so clean!

I can actually hear my guitar!

10. frisco

frisco Supporting Member

To my ear, the real difference between my white Deja and the Aqua was less "phaseyness". 10 years of the Deja made me second guess the Aqua for a minute, but the "phaseyness" of the Deja is what was making it seem less distinct in a mix, compared to the Aqua. The clarity of the Aqua has to come from somewhere.

Now I have the room and an excuse to justify a phaser.