• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Aquavibe with certain fuzzes

AshyLarry

Question for you guys. Normally I run the Aquavibe after my fuzz. Mainly I was using a KR Gypsy Fuzz. I recently got a Foxrox Hot Silicon and tried the same thing and it gets very washy and loses the deep vibe sounds. Has anyone else noticed this? With the KR it stays lush and deep, very hendrix sounding. Is the hot silison meant to be run after perhaps? I've tried running the KR after the vibe and didn't like it at all. Anyone care to share what they do?

I've found that I don't like the way the aquavibe sounds after any dirt except low gain overdrive or medium gain fuzz face. It's not very usable to me when I run it after a big muff, tonebender, or distortion.

amphead777

Pick up a Micro Vibe. It's inexpensive, and not fussy where you place it. The Mega is the best for placing it anywhere, and heavy fuzz.

Pick up a Micro Vibe. It's inexpensive, and not fussy where you place it. The Mega is the best for placing it anywhere, and heavy fuzz.
DAMN!! Sounds like a shot at Dave Fox.A Microvibe over an Aqua? Then throw in the ole mega trick.:dunno:nono
amphead777

Germanium Member

I've had to get 2 Mega's, traded the first one for another vibe. Big mistake. I can say this. Neither one took a year. That is a shot at KR.

Question for you guys. Normally I run the Aquavibe after my fuzz. Mainly I was using a KR Gypsy Fuzz. I recently got a Foxrox Hot Silicon and tried the same thing and it gets very washy and loses the deep vibe sounds. Has anyone else noticed this? With the KR it stays lush and deep, very hendrix sounding. Is the hot silison meant to be run after perhaps? I've tried running the KR after the vibe and didn't like it at all. Anyone care to share what they do?
Have you tried any internal adjustments on the aquavibe? Easy to do and they are marked to where you can put them back to where they were.From Foxrox.........
Internal adjustments [SIZE=-1](Blue TRIMMERS)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]The internal trimmers are for people who feel the need to tweak. They are pre-set and marked. If you have the desire to tweak them you can always use the marks to return them to their original settings.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]- Level - This adjusts the output volume. There is some level cut and boost which is useful for matching up the effect level to the bypass level.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]- Bright - This adjusts the input impedance. Select from 47K (same low impedance as vintage units) up to 250K (higher impedance). Low impedance setting rolls off top end from the sound of your guitar creating a darker sound. As trimmer is turned and impedance is increased, top end is restored.This also has a slight effect on level, so LEVEL trimmer must be adjusted.[/SIZE]

amphead777

bandofthieves™;5719894 said:
DAMN!! Sounds like a shot at Dave Fox.A Microvibe over an Aqua? Then throw in the ole mega trick.:dunno:nono
amphead777

Germanium Member

I've had to get 2 Mega's, traded the first one for another vibe. Big mistake. I can say this. Neither one took a year. That is a shot at KR.
Huh!!!:crazy Did I mention the Aquavibe or Dave. I don't think so.

Huh!!!:crazy Did I mention the Aquavibe or Dave. I don't think so.
No. It was obvious you had no answer for the original question so ya just threw in some other brands.Suggesting a microvibe over an Aquavibe is pretty much a shot at Dave or worse yet at the original poster.I think you just saw KR and went nuts ;) after all Mega is the best...

jzucker

Silver Supporting Member
bandofthieves™;5720253 said:
No. It was obvious you had no answer for the original question so ya just threw in some other brands.Suggesting a microvibe over an Aquavibe is pretty much a shot at Dave or worse yet at the original poster.I think you just saw KR and went nuts ;) after all Mega is the best...
and you'll use any excuse to slam KR.

jzucker

Silver Supporting Member
by the way, the gypsy fuzz sounds great before or after the megavibe (or aquavibe for that matter)

It seems that you have a problem with the Mega. I have said previously I had an Aqua, and liked it.
No not at all.The Mega is a great Vibe.I want to own my own someday soon.
Had a great experience with the Megavibe. I like Kevin and have the conversations saved on file. He makes some great products. And like Kevin has said before lets get back to the Aquavibe...That is the subject matter.

10. We don’t allow what we consider to be excessive arguing on a thread or what we believe to be personal battles between members. If you don’t like someone, put them on your ignore list or don’t respond to them. We don’t allow what we refer to as “cyber stalking”, which is when a member follows another member around on different threads to post comments that we interpret as harassing.

jzucker

Silver Supporting Member
bandofthieves™;5720527 said:
10. We don’t allow what we consider to be excessive arguing on a thread or what we believe to be personal battles between members. If you don’t like someone, put them on your ignore list or don’t respond to them. We don’t allow what we refer to as “cyber stalking”, which is when a member follows another member around on different threads to post comments that we interpret as harassing.
I respond on threads that interest me. Vibe and fuzz threads interest me. You're flattering yourself. I have no interest in following you around but I will speak up when I see you bad-mouthing KR as you often go out of the way to do.

Herf

Hey at least the original poster go their answer. The very first response has all the information he needs.

Ignore the rest! :)

Who moved it over here??????
You did?? I still say you took a shot at Dave via the comments.Found it ironic compared to your KR thread post..Who is the **** stirrer here?
Original Question..
"Question for you guys. Normally I run the Aquavibe after my fuzz. Mainly I was using a KR Gypsy Fuzz. I recently got a Foxrox Hot Silicon and tried the same thing and it gets very washy and loses the deep vibe sounds. Has anyone else noticed this? With the KR it stays lush and deep, very hendrix sounding. Is the hot silison meant to be run after perhaps? I've tried running the KR after the vibe and didn't like it at all. Anyone care to share what they do?"
Your reply
" Pick up a Micro Vibe. It's inexpensive, and not fussy where you place it. The Mega is the best for placing it anywhere, and heavy fuzz."

Don't believe I said anything negative in the KR Thread.Found it to be right on topic.
"There was a moment here last year where someone had purchased a Gypsy fuzz and did not like it and maybe thought something may have been wrong with it. That kind of stuff happens to everyone..Your best bet with all the KR bad blood here is to go to the store and try it out. By the way a Brand New Gypsy Fuzz only sells for $159 and that is with a one year warranty.Good luck. Oh and now that you have this info feel free to delete this thread if it turns negative and off subject to the original questions.The last one I saw on ebay went for $199 shipped.Cash should get it cheaper.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKxzkjuCNsI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQaMN99xfZ8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YS60FRgidUM __________________

Last edited:

AshyLarry

Hmmm.....interesting discussion.....

Anyway, I did a quick little experimenting just now and still can't really get the Hot Silicon and Aquavibe to play nice together. I only adjusted the Bright trimmer for now (getting late, neighbors, you know....) but I'd like to keep messing with it. Further, tried the KR after the Aqua, and still didn't like it. I messed with the width and center quite a bit and the effect was either to subtle, or to harsh (wrong word for what I mean but whatever....). I guess I have to spend some more time playing around tomorrow.

Foxrox and KR are both great, no need to argue about it. I have 3 foxrox pedals, 1 KR (on the wait for 2 more) and I like all of them.

Trending Topics