Aramat Effects...

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Baker4, Mar 9, 2006.

1. Baker4

Baker4 Member

Does anyone have experience with this company? www.aramateffects.com I'm especially interested in the Mojo Fuzz. I'm just looking for any type of feedback on the company or pedal, thanks.

2. radicool

radicool Member

I have his Soul Patch fuzz. Great little tonebender clone that I use a lot. I emailed the guy (whose name I now forget, duh!) a couple of times before I got it and he was very personable and eager to please.

3. Guy from Idaho

Guy from Idaho Member

sounded pretty good, very similar to '69, Sunface, etc. Paint job was pretty funky but overall a cool pedal, should have kept it. -GFI

4. nsriley

nsriley Member

Same here. I used to have the Soul Patch fuzz. Great sounding. Great build quality. Customer service was excellent, when I e-mailed him.

-Peace
    -Nate

5. mojowrkn

mojowrkn Member

I had the mojo fuzz. Nice pedal, nicely made. I kind of regret not keeping mine as well. I'm just not sure that I'm a fuzz guy...

My experience was nothing but positive. Keith is his name, and I echo radicool's sentiments. Cool guy and good customer service.

6. jordanL

jordanL Member

I had a soulpatch cool bender style fuzz. Sounded fine, used it till I got a Pedalworx bender that sounded cooler to me. Sold the Soulpatch to a friend who really enjoyed it. Good build quality IMHO. I've heard his green machine, they were also quite good.

7. Grant Ferstat

Grant Ferstat Some guy in obscure bands in a far away place... Silver Supporting Member

I had an Aramat Green Machine for a short while.

I've got to admit I didn't like it at all but I suspect that it was really just that I've moved away from TS style pedals. The Green Machine still has a big mid-hump and a lot of compression.

Keith was very good to deal with to the point that I'll probably try something else of his at some stage. Everyone I know who's used him for mods has been very happy too.

8. PB Wilson

PB Wilson Member

I have an early Mojo Fuzz in the tall enclosure with hand painted labels and swirls. Great price and it sounds wonderful. The Mojo pot (bias) can get you into a wooly fuzz if you dime it. It's great at all volume levels too (better when cranked though). The PCB is tiny and looks like it was drawn with a sharpie. Never had a problem with it and I'm glad to own it. By the way, Keith is a really nice guy to boot.

9. Babaji

Babaji Member

I got a Soul patch used from a music store a while back...It's the closest thing to my original Colorsound Supa Tonebender sonicly and it is a much smaller footprint as well as true bypass. I use it at gigs for and extra overdrive/fuzz sound....And it makes great feedback with a Strat! Keith at Aramat is very helpful as well.
    Bill

10. fatback

fatback Member

I still have a Green Machine that I got of Ebay in his pre-website days. It has its own unique voice in the ts family of pedals. There's plenty of top-end clarity to go with the chewy mids and has more boost than a stock screamer. It's not my go to o.d. these days, but it sounded great through darker amps, especially my old 1x15 combos; Old Flame & Delta Blues.