• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

ARC Big Green or Mojo Hand Iron Bell?

agentcooper2001

Silver Supporting Member
I've watched clips and both sound great...there are more video demos of the iron bell though. They're the same price. Which would you chooose? I like to play some gilmour-ish and pumpkins-ish stuff every now and then, so if it could do that, that would be nice.

danman

the Iron Bell is money. I love muffs, but hate how it can get lost in the mix. The colour knob is essentially a mid shaping tool and works great to push out and still retain all of the muffs thickness.

i love mine. I play either an LP or strat into EL-based amps. obviously it can get close to gilmour's muff tones. Ive never owned the BGP but I'd guess its further along the fuzz scale.

Wolfboy1

Grandpa but...Not Yet Old!
Silver Supporting Member
I had this same decision about 6 months ago and went with the BGP, mainly because there was one on sale in the forum. I still have it. Good fuzz but I think it needs to be ahead of my other dirt. I have an Exotic SL drive and a Hardwire CM-2 and it gets real noisy when I try to boost it. One of these days I will make the swap.

straylight2k

I tried about 10 fuzz pedals out one day and came home with the Iron Bell. What I didn't expect was how much more saturation it pushed out when I put a Phase 90 after it.

P90s through some Tweeds and the Iron Bell with all of 'em. Articulate, mean and clear as a .... (oh I get it now) ... a bell.

b_rad

Honestly they're not very similar pedals. The BGP vs. Colossus would be a more fitting comparison.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom