• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Archer -> Super Hard On

ryandfl

Looking for boost advice. I have an Archer and it's pretty ok but I don't love it. It does a...stern tone thing well and is like a slightly different channel on clean sounds. But...eh? I appreciate the tone knob as an eq. I had a similar relationship with an RC Booster (on the shelf).

One alternative that comes to mind is the super hard on from zxex (I've wanted a zvex pedal for like 15 years). It seems to have more on upbeat sparkling sound.

I don't use boost to boil my preamp. Just a Little extra volume and a different tone, normally - for context.

Any thoughts? Anyone used both?

Thanks

Marshal28

I had an Archer Ikon and still have a ZVEX Super Duper 2-in-1. The Archer was cool, but I had other drives that I preferred (didn't do "it" for me with single coils). I use the 2-in-1 as an always-on slightly above my stock volume setting and it adds a little sparkle and boosts my other drives. Grab a Vexter series to try it out; you should be able to sell the archer to cover the costs after your side-by-side test.

rummy

Silver Supporting Member
I've had Super Hard On for 10 years and it's an awesome boost. It does add high end, but it works great with every amp I've used.

I've had Super Hard On for 10 years and it's an awesome boost. It does add high end, but it works great with every amp I've used.
Doesn't the SHO do something with impedance to alter how pickups react as well? At unity volume, it's supposed to make them sound new again, right? That's what's had me interested in one for a long time, but then something else always comes to the front of the line just in time for my bi-annual pedal binge.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom