Are all G&L Bluesboys, made in America? Or are they Tributes?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by teleman1, Jan 28, 2008.

1. teleman1

teleman1 Member

And new ones do not have the Seth Lover in the neck,correct?

2. Bryan T

Bryan T Guitar Owner Silver Supporting Member

Bluesboys are both made in the US (G&L) and overseas (G&L Tribute). I think the regular specification for US built Bluesboys is a G&L humbucker, but a lot of dealers order the guitars with Seth Lovers.

Bryan

3. cameron

cameron Member

The US made ones all had the Seth Lover until sometime last year. They switched so that the G&L-made humbucker (same as used in the Tribute) is the standard now, but the Seth Lover can be ordered as an option.

4. Gasp100

Gasp100 Member

Why are US made ASAT Bluesboy's so much more than classic's? Is it just the Seth Lover humbucker in the neck position or am I missing something? You can always replace the pickguard with one that will fit a humbucker, can't you?

5. Bryan T

Bryan T Guitar Owner Silver Supporting Member

If I recall correctly, the Classics aren't routed for a humbucker.

Bryan

6. teleman1

teleman1 Member

It has iritated me about how many versions there are of Fender Strats,from crap to excellance. Now G&L has the balls to call a Tribute a Bluesboy. Bluesboy to me for the last few years signified and awesome G&L product that was hard to compete with. I wish they would call their lower end models ,"something else". Its borderline deceit.

7. BigPapiFan

BigPapiFan Member

The Tributes are actually very nice guitars. There is no deceit here as they are clearly marked "Tribute by".

8. Gasp100

Gasp100 Member

The Tributes are nice (especially the Korean ones). What part of "TRIBUTE" is misleading? It's akin to "SQUIER", right? What's the problem?:confused:

9. teleman1

teleman1 Member

I understand what Tribute is and I agree that its a good guitar. BUT. G&L are often compared to Custom shop fenders;and I the think the comparison is deserved. BUt to call a Tribute a Bluesboy is wrong. It is not the same as a Tribute, it is a higher quality guitar all the way around,better wood, (better electronics)? THe Tribute Bluesboy is belw $600. The real Bluesboy isclose to $1500 new. Its like a Women calling a Gigalo and a 13 year old shows up.

10. Gasp100

Gasp100 Member

I'm a huge G&L fan... I have owned a Tribute and I own an early 90's 3 bolt G&L Legacy. Of course, the Legacy is killer (and I would venture to say close to "custom shop" but different). The Tribute (mine was Korean) is still a great player.
    I don't know why they tagged on the bluesboy name to the Tribute series now, but isn't it semantics? I mean, the bluesboy denotes a T style body with a tele bridge pup and humbucker type in the neck... that's it. So, they now have a Tribute version with the same config - they didn't before, right? Correct me if I am wrong on this one.
    FWIW I think G&L is one of the few companies doing right by their customers and their product - amazing quality but attainable priced high end gear, very favorably priced solid gear for the rest of the world.