Are all your major kitchen appliances the same brand?

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by DYNA BILL, May 27, 2015.

1. DYNA BILL

DYNA BILL Member

When we bought our house 9 years ago, the refrigerator, range, microwave and dishwasher were all Amana and they were black in color.
    My wife wanted white appliances, so one by one, as each one would need replacing, we replaced it with a white one.
    What bugs me though, is they are not the same brand. I let her pick out the ones she wanted, and brand didn't matter to her. We now have all white appliances, but the refrigerator is a Kenmore, the range is a GE, the microwave is a Hotpoint, and the new dishwasher, which is arriving today is a Bosch.
    I dunno...it just bugs me. I think they should all be the same brand.
    I'll probably have a panic attack when we have to replace the washer and dryer!
    What say other TGP'ers? :waiting

2. Comfort Player

Comfort Player Silver Supporting Member

Ours are all different. Went with brands / models that had the best reviews in the price range we were looking at.

grill likes this.
  3. stratovarius

stratovarius Supporting Member

You must be hard to live with, but I can relate.

It's time to start hinting around about the attractiveness of stainless steel.

4. Bobby Wasabi

Bobby Wasabi Member

No, ours are all different. I'm not sure why it would matter, unless you have OCD or something. I am more into buying best-in-class and getting the best deal we can. We've got a Samsung stove, Bosch dishwasher and Whirlpool fridge.

5. GCDEF

GCDEF Supporting Member

Mine are all different. Don't see why it matters.

6. jamess

jamess Silver Supporting Member

Like some of the other posters, my wife and I choose appliances that were highly rated (Consumer Reports, online reviews) at our price point. We ended up with a four door Samsung fridge and a Bosch dishwasher, both in stainless steel. They have both proved to be excellent, We have not had to replace our range/oven yet so it is a white GE.

7. TRTrex

TRTrex Member

Currently ours are all the same --- 4 year old townhouse, so the oven, microwave and dishwasher were already there. They kicked in the refrigerator and washer & drier when I used their financing. Have slight OCD, so glad that they all match, and think that I would be bothered if they didn't. Though, could live with a different dishwasher since it doesn't have a handle, and is on a different wall.

We are talking about building a new place, and will get the appliances from the builder so they will match --- though, given the placement of the dishwasher, we could change that one out for a different brand and that wouldn't bother me --- odds are we will take the standard one, and replace in with a better/quieter one down the road.

8. radicool

radicool Member

All different in the kitchen. But my washer and dryer are a matching set.

9. GGinMP

GGinMP Supporting Member

Most of our kitchen stuff is GE Profile, but we got a Bosch dishwasher because of the reviews. Our washer & drier are also different brands (washer needed replacing but drier was still good; went with another brand of washer).

10. Peteyvee

Peteyvee Premium Platinum Member

Same here. I don't care what brand they are as long as they work...we bought the washer and dryer together, so we ended up with a matching set. The only thing we had to replace was the fridge. The old O'Keefe and Merrit stove is still going strong and will probably outlive both of us.

11. Heinz57Pep

Heinz57Pep Member

My OCD doesn't apply to brands. It would have gone haywire, however, during the transitional period when not all of the appliances were the same color.

12. DYNA BILL

DYNA BILL Member

Well, I certainly won't be showing my wife this thread! She'd rub my nose in it! :hide2

13. Rimbaud

Rimbaud Tarnished Silver Gold Supporting Member

All different, all the same color.

Anybody miss that lovely green color appliance that your parents had...what was it...Avocado or Artitchoke?

14. DYNA BILL

DYNA BILL Member

Avocado, Harvest Gold, and Horseshit Brown.

grill and Rimbaud like this.
  15. bgmacaw

bgmacaw Member

Until recently, ours were the new GE ones that the builder "gave" us "free" when we had the house built. The fridge compressor bit the dust and it wasn't holding up well anyway. We replaced it with a scratch and dent Kenmore, $800 for a $2500 fridge wasn't bad.

16. JMintzer

JMintzer Burned Out Mod

All different. Even my OCD isn't -that- bad... ;)

17. zekmoe

zekmoe Member

Different. As I age I don't care so much. Also, like cool guitars, cool appliances are super expensive. You can easily spend $20,000 on kitchen stuff these days.

18. Jon C

Jon C Silver Supporting Member

This.

19. Minte

Minte *except for a few minor scratches* Gold Supporting Member

Everything except the dishwasher is the same brand. They are all the same finish.

20. Astronaut FX

Astronaut FX Member

Different. Went with best for each within what we wanted to spend.