• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Are Analogman fx pedals ALL good ?

BryanMatthews

Im considering taking a plunge into getting me some analogue fx as the digital ones I have owned in the past just dont cut it for me. I was looking at the analogman chorus unit in particular. Whatever fx I buy must not thin out tone, add harshness / brittleness or simply rob tone.

Do analogman pedals fulfill this criteria ?

VisionaryTics

Analogman pedals are pretty highly regarded. I don't think there's really anything that he makes that you could go wrong with. The chorus, in particular, is a well-liked pedal.

charmboy

If you're looking to get out of digital and into analog, I can't think of a better place to start than with Analogman... granted, I'm a bit of a fanboy but it's not unsubstantiated since everything I've heard of his is just great. Having said that, I haven't tried his chorus but it's very well regarded around these parts.

Muzzy

Silver Supporting Member
You won't get crap from Mike. I've owned several of his pedals and all of them have been terrific. Those guys have good ears.

mobis8

Too subjective of a question... Everyone perceives this stuff differently.

Best thing to do is find someone close to you that has one and see if it is something you like...

Willdance

I've hit 'em all 'cept the chorus and kot ( I'm not into chorus or chip based od's). I know you're asking about the chorus so I'm sorry that I can't offer specifics or simply say they're ALL good BUT something tells me that the remaing 2 pedals that I haven't had the pleasure of jamming are just as good. analogman mike makes the best pedals available and within his product line lies the keys to the rock n roll kingdom. after chasing my tail for a long time, I now only use analogman stuff (save for a wah and a cot50). hope that helps a little.

Mr. Limbic

I too have owned a few of his pedals, along with many of his modded pedals, and I have to say, not only are mikes pedals top notch build and sound quality, but he is also one of the nicest, most helpful, trusting and genuine men to do business with, with mike there is no ********...As anyone would say different strokes for different folks, this applies, but that is up to you and the sounds you enjoy, etc...Mikes who the pros go to, so try it, there are many other options to explore, but there is no denying that he knows whats up

emeka

I've yet to sell any analogman pedal I ever owned. Here's the list; they're all great pedals.

Bicomp
TS9 silver
NKT sunface
chorus
beano

The chorus won out over about four others I tried. Super lush sounding. Preferred the silver ts9 to the Keeley mod plus and a few other ts-types. Like the versatility of the bicomp. The sunface is the best fuzz I've ever played and I love it more as time goes by. My least favorite is the beano boost- but only because I usually use fender amps and have other dirt I like better- it sounds killer with my roommate's ac30, or stacked with other stuff that can shape the eq a bit. I'm dying to get my DMM modded by analog mike; his mods for that pedal make it much more useful. So, to address your original question, IMHO you can't go wrong with analogman.

cameron

I think they're all good. The only caveat I have is that in many cases, they default to no AC adapter, and in some cases they're strictly battery-only. So be aware of that as you shop.

rongtr1

You can't go wrong with Mike's pedals- I have a Dyna-Ross compressor, KOT, and modded TS-9 and Boss TR-2 pedals, and the other guitarist in my band has a clone chorus.

BryanMatthews

I think they're all good. The only caveat I have is that in many cases, they default to no AC adapter, and in some cases they're strictly battery-only. So be aware of that as you shop.

are you saying you cant use a 9v power supply with some of them ? that would be a total deal breaker for me.

MoPho

Formerly tripp2k
Silver Supporting Member
Fanboy here...I've owned many and still own quite a few. Tried like hell to replace them, but they just keep coming back. :knitting

Pappy

Gold Supporting Member
I believe it is mainly certain fuzz pedals that don't come with 9v adapters. Germanium fuzzes in particular. I'm sure that they spell everything out clearly on their site.

charmboy

are you saying you cant use a 9v power supply with some of them ? that would be a total deal breaker for me.
Yup, it's just the fuzz pedals... reverse polarity and all that jive. They sound better with non-alkaline batteries anyway; which is why he has an option for on/of switches on the fuzz knob.

Windup 43

Silver Supporting Member
I've had a bunch, all top notch quality. The BC108 Sunface and Peppermint Fuzz are two of the best fuzzes I've ever tried, I'll never get rid of them.

cameron

Yup, it's just the fuzz pedals... reverse polarity and all that jive. They sound better with non-alkaline batteries anyway; which is why he has an option for on/of switches on the fuzz knob.
Exactly, some of the fuzzes have the 9v adapter jack as an option, in some cases it's not an option. Some of the vintage fuzz designs need a battery. Today's designers work with the 9v adapter as one of the starting points of design. The vintage purists like Analog Man tend to think batteries are the only true and virtuous way to power fuzz boxes, and that 9v adapters are heretical innovations.

Trending Topics