Are people liking the New Burst Eternity?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by wire 247, Jan 2, 2008.

1. wire 247

wire 247 Member

Are people liking this new one with the 9v tap?

2. XKnight

XKnight Member

3. utterhack

utterhack Member

The old one had a 9v tap too... the only one that didn't was the E6...

4. Rock72

Rock72 Member

I'm liking it....first eternity though, so nothing to compare it to.

5. nibus

nibus Supporting Member

I'm just getting used to it, never played an overdrive quite like it. I'm holding the verdict till I get to know it better.

6. MAGICboy

MAGICboy Gold Supporting Member

this month we've been spec'ing out a silver anniversary E6 with TAP and LED status
    Test's have been REAL good.. :BEER

7. skrzyp

skrzyp Supporting Member

My first Lovepedal. I was a holdout for a long time because of the price and all the hype, but I absolutely love it.

8. jeremym19

jeremym19 Member

Its my first E and it sounds great, but I can't compare to any of the others...

9. anxiousmofo

anxiousmofo Member

4th Lovepedal for me, but first E, so not much to compare it to. I'm liking it but still playing with it a lot and getting a sense of how I want to use it with my rig. Am loving it for lead type stuff but haven't warmed to it for rhythm use yet.

Generally REALLY digging it with the EF86 channel on my DC-30 clone. That said, I still haven't even determined the "set it and forget it" channel settings for my relatively new amp, so I may end up running that channel (standard)a bit hotter than I would were I using the E on it.

I've also acquired too many pedals lately and have had to mix patch cable brands. The end result is a bit of hiss. Need to troubleshoot that over the weekend. A re-wiring is in order.

Haven't yet been blown away by stacking it with the COT 50. Been running COT>E. Maybe I'll reverse tonight and check it out.

Anyway... too much information. KILLER OD, but definitely TS'y. Mine even seems to have some strange shades of the Karl when it's in full bloom.

10. Mike R.

Mike R. Supporting Member

I like it so far.

I prefer the Gain no higher than 9:00 or so and the Glass maybe noon or slightly lower. For those lowish gain / just a little hair on the note tones, it seems very good.

11. madscientist

madscientist Member

I agree....Fantastic OD for leads, in the TS vein. At lower gain levels, mine gets some sounds similar to a Lovekraft Mojo Drive, but there's something just a bit more special about the E, I can't put my finger on it. I'm not sure how I'm liking it for chord work as of yet, but I was looking for a nice smooth lead OD and this is just satisfying that desire big time. Just a really great thick lead tone that sustains very nicely.

Nice looking pedal, easy to use, great tones all around. Gets a bit messy with the drive over 2 or 3 o'clock, but it shines at or below. Glass control (treble boost) is nice and responsive and there's a great amount of volume available. I'm really excited to push the pedal to it's limits with some high volume rehearsal.

12. Andre357

Andre357 Member

I love it. Received it yesterday, opened it and gigged with it last night ! Since the knobs aren't labeled I didn't even know what knob did what....so i just tweaked them until i dug the sound.

It will be staying on my board for sure.....great lead sound and what seems like a raw rock rhythm tone.

I was surprised at how woody it sounded.....it almost gives my strat a hollow body lead tone....very cool. It's almost hard to articulate the woodiness and openness it adds to the sound. Really nice, musical, pleasing to the ear tone.....smooth and raw at the same time.

After reading all the hype it completely met and even exceeded my expectations.

Great pedal.. Thanks Sean. You do nice work and obviously have good ears man....

I bought a COT 50 as well that came in with the eternity burst....I'll try that out at a gig tomorrow night.:AOK

13. OOG

OOG Member

i had no expectations
    and i
    love it

14. The Pup

The Pup Supporting Member

What's the difference between all of the different "E" Lovepedals?

...just kidding.

15. radcliff

radcliff Member

My buddy just got his yesterday and really digs it.... that makes three friends that have bought one from my recommendation and loved it :)

16. davidp158

davidp158 Member

I received mine yesterday and tried it at a gig last night. I really like the tones and "feel" of this pedal. I was using my PRS Singlecut into a Dr. Z MAZ Jr. I set the MAZ Jr. fairly clean, but with humbuckers it just barely start to breaks up, and compresses quite nicely. Add the Burst Eternity to push the front end a bit, and yeow...what a sound. I set the overdrive/gain on the Eternity below 9:00, and it cleans up fairly well in this setting.

A few weeks ago I played a friend's Roadhouse version Eternity. As I recall, it was a bit shy on low end, or had a pronounced midrange boost. At first I didn't like it, but when comparing to a bunch of other pedals, I kept coming back to his Eternity. I can't compare them side by side now, but I feel the my Burst Eternity has better low end (or much less midrange boost) and a lot more gain. I think I prefer the tone of mine to the Roadhouse, but prefer the gain range of the Roadhouse version. If I had both versions side by side, I might come to a different conclusion....

Dave

17. slopeshoulder

slopeshoulder Senior Member

I sold mine and regret it, so I'll get another. What I love about it is that it is clear and glassy (but not shrill) and really mintains the throaty high end in the low end (wound strings, low notes) of single coils. I much prefer a zendrive with humbuckers, but I love the E with single coils (I think all Lovepedals sound a bit better with single coils). Strats stay stratty with E. The attack and quack stay in there. Same thing with COT. I love a COT into an E (COT turned way down, E higher, or try vice versa).
    Damn, now I have to order one.

18. anxiousmofo

anxiousmofo Member

Fine tuned my rig this weekend and have fallen quite heartily for the E as a result. I rewired everything on my pedalboard, tightened a loose jack on an EHX pedal and everything sprung to life. Prior to the fine tuning the E was kicking up a ton of noise, but I knew it wasn't due to the pedal.

The end result was that I am suddenly really digging the E for chord work. It really accentuates the touch sensitivity that is already more than present in my DC-30 and it makes it a blast to play. I'm using it on my clean (12ax7) channel with the dials at 9:30, 9, 9:30 and it just screams out goodness with my amp set on the edge of breakup.

Wow.

Am also newly sold with the COT stacking, as well, now that my noise issue has been tamed. Oh yes, I am.

This sucker is velcroed down firmly now.

19. jbgordon

jbgordon Member

I've had mine for about a week, and I really like it so far. I have the controls at 10 o'clock on the level (just above unity gain), 9 o'clock on the glass, and about 10 o'clock on the gain. I like it for both lead and rhythm tones. Its running through my AC15 cc1 right now, and I really cannot wait to hear it through my Stulce, which I'm picking up next weekend.

20. g-nem

g-nem Member

I'm digging it- a lot less mid-hump and more low end than my keeley TS9. Cleans up real nice as well- lots of different colors in there.