• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Are the effects in an Ibanez pt3dx pedalboard equivalent to specific ibanez effects pedals?

I have an Ibanez pt3dx multi-effects board and I was curious as to whether anyone knows which tubescreamer chip it contains and whether the compressor (3-knob ross type) is the same as the circuitry in a cs10. Any info on any of the other effects or what years this board was produced would also be helpful. Its made in japan and I purchased it used circa 1995 or so.

stinkfoot

The PT3-DX is a multi effect with several different distortion/overdrive modes, so it probably (from an electronics standpoint) has very little in common with the standalone tube screamer. It also only has two control parameters, with the 3-band EQ taking the place of the tone control. It might be set to sound similar to the TS, though, which of course is the most important. But I wouldn't fuss over whether it is a "true" tube screamer or not.

Trending Topics