are there any good octave's?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by wsaraceni, Jan 21, 2006.

1. Souled Out

Souled Out Member

New to Octave boxs. I just got a Foxtron. I guess I need to learn the internal settings. The Octave up stock setting sounds just like a overdrive fuzz. I guess I expected the same direct tone just an Octave up. I like how it sounds just expected something different. I'll keep working with it

2. StompBoxBlues

StompBoxBlues Member

Thanks John...I had forgotten about that jumper (I don't think there was any manual with the Octron, not sure but I usually keep them in one box and am pretty consistent about making sure I put all pedal manuals in there)...if I ever knew about it, opened it up and tried it and it WAS the sound I was looking for. Much more than in the other setting...the jumper did it for me.

Thanks!

3. Moushegh

Moushegh Member

I opened up my Octron again this past weekend. I like the "tame" side of the jumper switch; I find it to be darker and a bit tighter.
    What I did is keep it on the tame side, but I tweaked the gain up higher and aslo turned up the brightness on the trimmer. Now I have that tight, dark sound but with added gain and brightness. Perfect for me.

As for tracking, the Octron is flawless, (on noth the up & down) I've yet to hear any glitches, even on really fast runs, or arpeggios.

I also like the MJM Roctavio, but not as much as my Octron:cool:.

4. Seegs

Seegs Member

How are you guys running your fuzz's...before or after your clean ocatve pedals??

Chow,
    Seegs

5. arexjay

arexjay Member

So the EHX POG is the only pedal that does octave up without any distortion? That's what I'm really looking for.

6. nashvillesteve

nashvillesteve Member

The HOG and POG can do this. For about $100, you can find an old Boss HR-2 that does pretty well with upper (and lower) octaves, two voices.