Are these amps already reaching Dumble and Trainwreck status?

rh

Robo Sapien NoiseMaker
Double Platinum Member
Messages
6,950
Originally posted by splatt
1) there are PLENTY of div13 threads on tgp; there seem to be very many satisfied folks using them, here.
2) ebay dude is tripping, price-wise, since you can buy one NEW for LESS MONEY than that. unless, of course, he made a mistake, and the price was never translated but meant to be listed in CDN $. even then, though, it's priced higher than a new one, methinks.
more ebay ********.....
dt / spltrcl
Maybe he's upcharging for the road cases. :confused:
 

Mike

Member
Messages
2,539
From our own Emporium:

÷ 13 FTR 37 and 2x12 cab (Celestion Blue/G12H30). Black & Gold (aka Cream V) and backlit ÷13 logo. NOS tubes,Tuki covers with ÷13 logo. Mint condition, zero issues. $3200 shipped in the lower 48.
That's about right. Now, if Fred decides to quit making them, in 10 years, who knows?

But not today or tomorrow.

Mike
 

Sneaky

Member
Messages
2,298
Originally posted by splatt

2) ebay dude is tripping, price-wise, since you can buy one NEW for LESS MONEY than that. unless, of course, he made a mistake, and the price was never translated but meant to be listed in CDN $. even then, though, it's priced higher than a new one, methinks.
more ebay ********.....
dt / spltrcl
He's in Vancouver, WA, not Canada. I think the guy is nuts too.

-Pete
 

Play by Tone

Member
Messages
920
Is not waiting 3-4 months on an amp worth $2k to you?

Mine doesn't have the killer front panel lighting though :D

And I didn't get road cases either. He's still at least $1k off after considering that...
 

MikeyG

Silver Supporting Member
Messages
12,151
Yeah, I know alot of people just love them, but they are not my style at all. Different strokes.

Those are 2 very expensive road cases, I must say.
 

RichSZ

Gold Supporting Member
Messages
1,966
Don't get me wrong...I'm a total /13 supporter. In fact, my second /13 amp, the RSA 31 is scheduled to arrive from Fred's shop tomorrow!!!

Interesting note on this amp. Fred built if for Rusty to take on the European leg of the McCartney tour. The tour management had to limit the amount of gear to ship over there, so this particular amp stayed home.

So Fred calls me and asks if I want it. I say yes, but I ordered mine in Maroon tolex, to match my 37 rig. (OK, Play By Tone...listen up!) Then Fred says there's no more Maroon tolex ever!!! It's all gone and he can't get anymore. I was kinda bummed, but Fred called his cab guy to see if he had enough Maroon laying around to do 1 more headbox. Apparently he had just enough to cover.

Anyway...that's my little 6 degrees of separation to a pro player and his (now mine) /13 amp.....hey, if I ever decide to sell I can use this information in my ebay ad and charge a premium, can't I? :D :D

-Rich
 

MikeyG

Silver Supporting Member
Messages
12,151
Originally posted by Dave Orban
Just curious... is there a Fender-y amp in the Divided by 13 line-up...?
The FTR37 is Fendery. Like a Tweed Deluxe. The OD is like that amp on steroids. The mids are definitely more tweed than BF, to my ears, although everyone describes them as BF ... ?? The closest I've come to doing a direct compare was hearing it against a Carr Slant 6V (BF Deluxe style amp).... the Carr was more scooped and brighter ....
 

hansoloist

Silver Supporting Member
Messages
3,993
Wow, I should sell my ERT 33 and matching 2x12...I'd make a killing!!!!! Especially since mine is an early one, and has the light up panel...they sound much better, you know...much better. That's worth at least another $500. And I've been to the builders house...shook his hand, broke bread with him, and drank his beer!!! Survey says--$500 more!!! And rumor has it that Fred is gonna' stop making this model once the sun burns out! $1000 more...you gotta' get it while it's hot, right?! And, most importantly, I live in New Jersey. And you know who else lives in New Jersey--Ken Fischer. That's EASILY worth another 2000 f*cking dollars!!! When all is said and done, I'm looking at at least 7 grand.

Ok, now who wants it?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

peace
-jeff
 

Teleplayer

Moder8er
Staff member
Messages
20,019
Originally posted by hansoloist
Wow, I should sell my ERT 33 and matching 2x12...I'd make a killing!!!!! Especially since mine is an early one, and has the light up panel...they sound much better, you know...much better. That's worth at least another $500. And I've been to the builders house...shook his hand, broke bread with him, and drank his beer!!! Survey says--$500 more!!! And rumor has it that Fred is gonna' stop making this model once the sun burns out! $1000 more...you gotta' get it while it's hot, right?! And, most importantly, I live in New Jersey. And you know who else lives in New Jersey--Ken Fischer. That's EASILY worth another 2000 f*cking dollars!!! When all is said and done, I'm looking at at least 7 grand.

Ok, now who wants it?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

peace
-jeff
I think you're seeling the value of the light-up panel short. That's at least a $1,200 bump - not $500.

Also - if you had a premium beer with Fred, that's worth $1,000. If you had a normal beer with him, then it's only worth $500.
 

Play by Tone

Member
Messages
920
Originally posted by fzfwyv
(OK, Play By Tone...listen up!) Then Fred says there's no more Maroon tolex ever!!! It's all gone and he can't get anymore.
What???? Who'd've thunk.

Sometimes I wish I had gotten purple, but I still like my Maroon. Now its specialer, right?? ;)

I would have never thought Maroon would not be available. :confused:
 

burstone

Member
Messages
1,743
I played one over at my friend's house, and I personally don't understand all the accolades. Decent amp, but not something I would pay over 3K for. Just not for me, I guess. To each his own...
 

Play by Tone

Member
Messages
920
Originally posted by hansoloist
Wow, I should sell my ERT 33 and matching 2x12...I'd make a killing!!!!! Especially since mine is an early one, and has the light up panel...they sound much better, you know...much better. That's worth at least another $500. And I've been to the builders house...shook his hand, broke bread with him, and drank his beer!!! Survey says--$500 more!!! And rumor has it that Fred is gonna' stop making this model once the sun burns out! $1000 more...you gotta' get it while it's hot, right?! And, most importantly, I live in New Jersey. And you know who else lives in New Jersey--Ken Fischer. That's EASILY worth another 2000 f*cking dollars!!! When all is said and done, I'm looking at at least 7 grand.

Ok, now who wants it?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

peace
-jeff
The light up panel makes you play better in the dark, right? And since you could say you were Fred's friend, that means your amp has special mojo sauce, right?

I think you should start the auction at $5200 and see where it goes ;)







yeah right!
 

hansoloist

Silver Supporting Member
Messages
3,993
Originally posted by Teleplayer
I think you're seeling the value of the light-up panel short. That's at least a $1,200 bump - not $500.

Also - if you had a premium beer with Fred, that's worth $1,000. If you had a normal beer with him, then it's only worth $500.
Originally posted by Play by Tone
The light up panel makes you play better in the dark, right? And since you could say you were Fred's friend, that means your amp has special mojo sauce, right?

I think you should start the auction at $5200 and see where it goes ;)

yeah right!
Haha...see...all things I hadn't thought of. That's some good advice for sure!!!

peace
-jeff
 




Top