are these pedals enough for my dirt needs??

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by PG-Lane, Jan 29, 2012.

1. PG-Lane

PG-Lane Member

Hi guys looking for some expert advice from you TGP'ers ;) So after a lot of research I have decided the dirt pedals i would like to put on my new board. They are the Wampler Slostortion, Fetto Custom and the Basic Audio Tri/Ram muff basically covering my distortion, overdrive and fuzz needs respectively. Now my question is will this be a good combination to have on the board for dirt? I was wondering if I should add a Himmelstrutz Under Over to boost the Fetto custom?? would that be redundant? Also how would i go about stacking these pedals? I will mostly be playing hard/progressive rock and metal, with a gibson les paul studio and a laney tube amp.

So, what say you..is it enough? or should i add more? :bonk

2. juri

juri Supporting Member

Never enough dirt.... never.

3. harpinon

harpinon Silver Supporting Member

This is so true! If Heinz has 37 varieties, so should your tone.

4. PG-Lane

PG-Lane Member

hahaha......i knew the answer would be get more dirt pedals...:rotflmao
    but seriously what do you guys think about the pedals? and about getting the under over?

5. jazzfromhell

jazzfromhell Member

If you can afford the UO, get it. Its a mighty glorious boost pedal.

Also, if you stack the UO into the Custom you could even get rid of the SLOstortion, you will have all the gain you'll ever need. Depends on the tones you're after.

6. guiltless

guiltless Member

My new board is getting a Rangemaster, Sunface, Tri-Fuzz, ep-pre, nobels odr1, Timmy, formula 5, Carl Martin Plexitone and a zendrive. And thanks to TGP I am wondering if that is enough! Of course not to run at the same time, but just a bunch of different flavors.

7. toast487

toast487 Member

TGP always makes me want more pedals. I guess it depends on your style, but I can't see anyone truly needing more than 2 dirt pedals IMHO. Now I'm not saying more wouldn't be useful, I'm just talking necessities here. That reminds me, I need to add a Katana to my board. :p

8. partsocaster

partsocaster Member

I think adding the boost is helpful for all of the pedals you mentioned though the fuzz probably will turn into a wall of fuzz if you use it into that pedal, after the pedal it will give you solo boost.

The CAL MK 4.23 clean boost is also a great option and is a bit less expensive than the Himmelstrutz, super transparent and ridiculous amounts of boost.

9. PG-Lane

PG-Lane Member

Cheers mate. Yeah i reckon i will be buying the boost as well.

10. PG-Lane

PG-Lane Member

hmm...i quite liked what I heard from the Slostortion. I actually have the Wampler Pinnacle which is an awesome pedal so I wanted to try another Wampler pedal and the Slostortion fits the bill for me. Do you have the UO?

11. tibbon

tibbon Member

I don't think we can say really. Is it enough for you? If you're asking, then it would seem to indicate you're unfulfilled and either need to change your expectations/demands or get something different.

How's it sound to you?