Are Timmys shipped to other countries?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Fernando, Sep 25, 2005.

1. Fernando

Fernando Member

I'm reading all this reviews about the Timmy and am eager to try one. I was thinking of getting a Barber LTD, but now I want a Timmy.

The thing is, I live in Brazil. Is it possible to purchase one of those from here? I mean, what payment methods are accepted and does Paul C. ship internationally?

Does anyone have a clue?

2. Chrissy

Chrissy Member

Hi Fernando,

I can't speak for PaulC as to exactly which countries he deals with, but I ordered from him to Germany and payed my Paypal.

I would say give him a call and ask.

Chris

3. Shakermaker

Shakermaker Member

Hi there Chris (sorry Fernando, this is a little off topic). I live in Holland and am planning on ordering some pedals from small US manufacurers. Was wondering if you got caught for import tax? Am presuming Germany is similar to Holland, and after import tax the pedal becomes so expensive I'm wondering whether it's worth it...

Thanks in advance,

Mike.

4. AFCA

AFCA Guest

Sorry Fernando for talking offtopic but Mike, I'm from the Netherlands too and at gitaarnet.nl there's a topic from somebody who just bought a Timmy pedal!
    You could ask him about the exact procedure:

http://www.gitaarnet.nl/forum/viewtopic.php?t=63370

5. Chrissy

Chrissy Member

Hi Mike,

Drop me an email - chrisharvey(at)gmx(dot)de and I'll be very glad to give you a few tips... some fo them are so "interesting" that I'd rather tell you them offline without customs watching (nod-nod, wink-wink) :)

Chris

6. JPB

JPB Member

Mike,
    Paul Cochrane is a "company", so he'll take a risk sending devaluated items. That is why I didn't ask him.
    Due to my patience (3.5 month), Paul reduced the price (Timmy) and paid the shipping to The Netherlands. I paid $90 (=76 Euro) to Paul, but had to fill in forms for Customs before receiving the Timmy and had to paid an additional Euro 20 tax. BTW, the shipping cost on the package was $ 16,50. Hope this helps.

7. Fernando

Fernando Member

what's the standard price on the Tim and on the Timmy?

8. Cary Chilton

Cary Chilton Senior Member

TIM AND TIMMY are afraid to fly.

9. Shakermaker

Shakermaker Member

Thanks very much AFCA, Chris and JPB... Will send you an email today Chris when I get a spare moment.

Again, very sorry for hijacking your thread Fernando! I promise I'll shut up now. :p