Are Vintage TS 808 negative ground ? Will One spot power them with the 1/8" plug ?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by valen, Jun 1, 2008.

1. valen

valen Member

Basically just need to know if I can power my vintage ts808 with my one spot using the 1/8" plug that came with my one spot combo kit. Which should be the ground , the sleeve or the tip of the 1/8" plug ?

2. pullagnm

pullagnm Member

I use it with my vintage 808, and no problems. Should work fine. Is that the only overdrive pedal you use?

3. Brad J

Brad J Member

Yes they are, your one spot 1/8" is wired reverse polarity already so you can plug straight in,
    but it's not possible daisy chain and sleeve is ground.

4. valen

valen Member

You mean I can use my one spot to power the vintage TS808 but I can't daisy chain it with anything else ? I have a Barber Small Fry and a Barber Trifecta as well as a few more including a DD20.

5. jimmycupo

jimmycupo Member

can a dunlop dc brick power a vintage ts-808?

6. analogmike

analogmike Gold Supporting Member

An old TS808 is negative ground so no problem with sharing a daisy chain with other effects and all the above power supplies will work fine. But it's an expensive pedal so I recommend a proven safe power supply like the Dunlop, PP2, Boss PSA120, etc.