Are wireless guitar systems worth it?

Fowleri

I'd rather not deal with a cable when I'm practicing, but I also don't want to charge two devices, the receiver and transmitter.

You could get something like this with a power cable, so technically, you'd have it connected to a power source all the time and to the amp, then all you have to do is charge the transmitter on the very same receive stand. It tells you the signal and how much charge have left.

You place this little stand/pedal on top of the amp, but that price tho lol

Json

Gold Supporting Member
I've got the Xvive Audio U2 which is a little cheaper. It's cool for practice but I wouldn't use it in a live situation. It does cut out every now and then. Much of that depends on the variation in all the radio waves around you. It's fun to be able to walk all around the practice room with my guitar without having to worry about tripping over the chord. I don't think plugging them in to charge is too much work. It was worth it to me. YMMV.

Steadfastly

I finally cut the chord this week and got the Muslady transmitter/receiver for $35.00 CDN. They charge at the same time on a split USB charging cord. The paired easily and do so automatically now when I turn them on. They are supposed to be good for about 100' (30M). I checked today in my house and went into my office. The signal would have to got about 30' and through two walls and a closet door and it worked fine. I should have done this a long time ago. It sounds every bit as good as the cable and there is no noticeable delay.

RRfireblade

At home...no. Cable is easier, faster, simpler, neater.

Everywhere outside of the house.....yes. For all the same reasons.

mikesch

Double Platinum Member
I have a couple of g10s that are plugged into the two places I play all the time. I pick a guitar, plug in and play. No cable for the cat to chew, chair to roll over, try to coil and tuck away, etc. Nothing to snag anywhere and I can walk and sit anywhere within reason and still be plugged in. I wish I’d gotten them years ago.

I use my G10s all the time. Including first draft recordings. Once I get the song structure down I’ll grab a cable, but really not sure if there’s a difference

bettset

I'd rather not deal with a cable when I'm practicing, but I also don't want to charge two devices, the receiver and transmitter.

You could get something like this with a power cable, so technically, you'd have it connected to a power source all the time and to the amp, then all you have to do is charge the transmitter on the very same receive stand. It tells you the signal and how much charge have left.

You place this little stand/pedal on top of the amp, but that price tho lol

i just bought this from sweetwater for $50 off. charged it, plugged in, found which position for the cable sounded best.......and it delivers. walked about 50 ft or so away from the amp and didn't lose anything. my first wireless. i'm hoping where i am some of us can get some people together and get live music rolling once this virus crap dies. i just thought a wireless will work for the project. for me it's a good system :munch

Fowleri

You won't pay a guitar teacher 50 bucks for a much needed lesson, but you'll drop $200 so you don't have to plug in a cable for practice???
At your age, I can't imagine why you are so woefully incapable of prioritizing your needs.
thats why i said is expensive this little gizmo

mango

I'd rather not deal with a cable when I'm practicing,
I'm sure I'm going to regret this,but,how exactly is a cable hindering your practicing ?
What are you "dealing" with...,which end to plug in where?
What are you practicing ?Posing ?
Does it wrap around your neck when you try to pull a Yngwie ?
Does it wrap around your feet when you pirouette ?

You should probably pose this question to somebody with a pristine brain to see how they deal with cables.

RLD

Silver Supporting Member
You can get a decent wireless that charges on a usb cable for less than $50 it’s not that hard
Not really.

Trending Topics