Are you content with your amp modeler/profiler?

Are you content with your modeling gear?

• I have no desire to own another tube amps or amp modeler. I'm content.

Votes: 80 45.2%
  • I'm mostly content, but always on the lookout for new solutions that better meet my needs.

Votes: 87 49.2%
  • I'm GASing like crazy! I always have to try the newest thing! I can't help myself!

Votes: 10 5.6%

• Total voters

Emigre

The first option conflates GAS for modellers and tube amps.

I am quite content with my modeller (AX8) but definitely looking for tube amps.

If you remove "... tube amps" then I'd go with option 1.

USMarine75

Anyone else feel mostly or completely content? I've owned my Helix for 3 years now and while I'm always fascinated with improvements and new developments with modelering, I have little desire to jump ship. My needs are more than met right now, and, while I still gas over other guitar gear, I feel pretty content with my modeling solution.
After trying most of what's out there I'm totally satisfied with my powered Kemper. I've bought a ton of the ToneJunkie packs and between that and a bunch of higher gain ones I've collected or profiled myself, it's cured a lot of my GAS.

The biggest things for me have been the touch sensitivity, amp-like feel, and ability to work with pedals. Originally, I thought the KPA was better for high gain than cleans and low gain stuff, but I was wrong. It is monstrous for high gain - with my Mayones 7 and BKP Impulses it absolutely crushes. But the ToneJunkie packs really sold me on how good the lower gain and clean stuff could be. The KPA works great as a pedal platform, but there are times the cleans (or just at breakup) are so good I don't even have any desire to use my pedals. And for the KPA to be as good as my Sky King at cleans is something I never thought I'd say!

As always, YMMV.

graedb

Yep!
Had a gt100 which was ok but i wasn't completely happy with. When HX stomp came out i bought one and sold the gt100. I see no reason to change now.

Madmax25

I have no desire to own another tube amps or amp modeler. I'm content. For now...

Seriously though, I love the flexibility and ease of use of my HX Stomp AA3 pedalboard so much that I'm not jonesing for any of the other current tech. But if something new, shiny and mind blowing comes along, I'd definitely be tempted. As always.

Mangrilla

I love my Helix LT. Still on the lookout for what would be the best speaker for my uses, so that's where my GAS focus is these days. I'm starting to look at some other pedals that modelers don't really seem to do (Freqout is currently piquing my interest), but I have not touched my tube amp in over a year.

Rob Eadgbe

I'm content, but happy that I kept my Shiva, a couple of vintage amps and my favorite pedals. I think having an amp and pedal rig to constantly compare to is a good thing.

dmock66

+1 on the Helix. But in true gear junkie fashion I had to try the others out.
Same here. The FM3 looks fascinating, and I've always wanted to try Fractal equipment, so this may be my jump-in point. We'll see.

That said - I'm pretty darned content. I've barely scratched he Helix surface in the nearly 2 years I've been on the platform.

lilwisper

I am a newbie so I am mostly happy with the Firehawk FX I have now. It is fun to have so many different tones available at my fingertips. I figure the next purchase I would make is whenever they decide to push out the successor to the Helix Floorboard.

The Law

I have Helix Rack, Floor and Stomp for different purposes. I am (roughly) a three year owner and can say that I haven't been able to get away from real amps. Maybe they'll release a model that works for me eventually but as for what is currently in the box amp-wise, I am not satisfied. Cleans and lower gain, yeah...I dig that stuff. Everything else about it is incredible too.

iGouger

I'm looking for Aggressive, Brutal, Devastating tone. The Peavey 6505+ delivers in spades. The Mesa JP-2C definitely delivers. The Helix? Not even close. Helix can't do extremely high-gain to save your life. It doesn't have the "thump" of a tube amp. I've got the IRs. I've created patches. I've purchased "high-gain" patches. I've run the Helix direct... through a Powercab... through a mesa 2x12 and a mesa 4x12... I remain very disappointed. I saved up for a long time to buy all this Helix and Helix related crap, too.. so frustrating.

PBGas

Supporting Member
Axe III is incredible. I've had mine for a year and a few months now along with an FC-6. Just a fantastic setup and they keep adding these amazing things to it to make it even easier to use.

I just got a Friedman JJ Jr. as well. I wanted a smaller great sounding head that was a lighter weight. I still like to bring an amp to many gigs. It is nothing short of amazing for such a small package and loud! I love the simplicity of it as well. I sold my UA Ox and have the Waza TAE now. It serves a couple of purposes for me with the built in power amp.

JiveTurkey

Trumpets and Tants
Supporting Member
I'm looking for Aggressive, Brutal, Devastating tone. The Peavey 6505+ delivers in spades. The Mesa JP-2C definitely delivers. The Helix? Not even close. Helix can't do extremely high-gain to save your life. It doesn't have the "thump" of a tube amp. I've got the IRs. I've created patches. I've purchased "high-gain" patches. I've run the Helix direct... through a Powercab... through a mesa 2x12 and a mesa 4x12... I remain very disappointed. I saved up for a long time to buy all this Helix and Helix related crap, too.. so frustrating.

Trending Topics