Are you content with your amp modeler/profiler?

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by shred440, Jun 23, 2019.

Are you content with your modeling gear?

1. I have no desire to own another tube amps or amp modeler. I'm content.

80 vote(s)
    45.2%
  2. I'm mostly content, but always on the lookout for new solutions that better meet my needs.

87 vote(s)
    49.2%
  3. I'm GASing like crazy! I always have to try the newest thing! I can't help myself!

10 vote(s)
    5.6%
  1. Emigre

Emigre Member

The first option conflates GAS for modellers and tube amps.

I am quite content with my modeller (AX8) but definitely looking for tube amps.

If you remove "... tube amps" then I'd go with option 1.

Badtone likes this.
  2. Sustainerplayer

Sustainerplayer Member

I'm content with my Axe III. And I will probably be that the rest of my life ... or until Axe IV arrives :D

Sp8ctre and shred440 like this.
  3. USMarine75

USMarine75 Member

After trying most of what's out there I'm totally satisfied with my powered Kemper. I've bought a ton of the ToneJunkie packs and between that and a bunch of higher gain ones I've collected or profiled myself, it's cured a lot of my GAS.

The biggest things for me have been the touch sensitivity, amp-like feel, and ability to work with pedals. Originally, I thought the KPA was better for high gain than cleans and low gain stuff, but I was wrong. It is monstrous for high gain - with my Mayones 7 and BKP Impulses it absolutely crushes. But the ToneJunkie packs really sold me on how good the lower gain and clean stuff could be. The KPA works great as a pedal platform, but there are times the cleans (or just at breakup) are so good I don't even have any desire to use my pedals. And for the KPA to be as good as my Sky King at cleans is something I never thought I'd say!

As always, YMMV.

4. Hank Habanero

Hank Habanero Member

I haven't even bothered upgrading my Kemper to a "hyped new reverbs" software version.

Sp8ctre likes this.
  5. graedb

graedb Member

Yep!
    Had a gt100 which was ok but i wasn't completely happy with. When HX stomp came out i bought one and sold the gt100. I see no reason to change now.

dmock66 likes this.
  6. Mullenski

Mullenski Gold Supporting Member

Helix for guitar.
    HX Stomp for bass.
    All good!

graedb and dmock66 like this.
  7. Jugghaid

Jugghaid Member

That's where I think I'm headed.

I have had the floor since it came out. The stomp is more than enough for my bass rig.

8. Madmax25

Madmax25 Member

I have no desire to own another tube amps or amp modeler. I'm content. For now...

Seriously though, I love the flexibility and ease of use of my HX Stomp AA3 pedalboard so much that I'm not jonesing for any of the other current tech. But if something new, shiny and mind blowing comes along, I'd definitely be tempted. As always.

9. Ni6htWalker

Ni6htWalker Member

im very happy with my AXE 3 but i want to buy a Kemper just to compare both units.

Sp8ctre likes this.
  10. Mangrilla

Mangrilla Member

I love my Helix LT. Still on the lookout for what would be the best speaker for my uses, so that's where my GAS focus is these days. I'm starting to look at some other pedals that modelers don't really seem to do (Freqout is currently piquing my interest), but I have not touched my tube amp in over a year.

Pastafarian likes this.
  11. Rob Eadgbe

Rob Eadgbe Member

I'm content, but happy that I kept my Shiva, a couple of vintage amps and my favorite pedals. I think having an amp and pedal rig to constantly compare to is a good thing.

Guitardave likes this.
  12. dmock66

dmock66 Member

Same here. The FM3 looks fascinating, and I've always wanted to try Fractal equipment, so this may be my jump-in point. We'll see.

That said - I'm pretty darned content. I've barely scratched he Helix surface in the nearly 2 years I've been on the platform.

Guitardave and mbenigni like this.
  13. lilwisper

lilwisper Member

I am a newbie so I am mostly happy with the Firehawk FX I have now. It is fun to have so many different tones available at my fingertips. I figure the next purchase I would make is whenever they decide to push out the successor to the Helix Floorboard.

Guitardave likes this.
  14. binge

binge Member

Loving my GT-1000.

15. The Law

The Law Member

I have Helix Rack, Floor and Stomp for different purposes. I am (roughly) a three year owner and can say that I haven't been able to get away from real amps. Maybe they'll release a model that works for me eventually but as for what is currently in the box amp-wise, I am not satisfied. Cleans and lower gain, yeah...I dig that stuff. Everything else about it is incredible too.

16. iGouger

iGouger Supporting Member

I'm looking for Aggressive, Brutal, Devastating tone. The Peavey 6505+ delivers in spades. The Mesa JP-2C definitely delivers. The Helix? Not even close. Helix can't do extremely high-gain to save your life. It doesn't have the "thump" of a tube amp. I've got the IRs. I've created patches. I've purchased "high-gain" patches. I've run the Helix direct... through a Powercab... through a mesa 2x12 and a mesa 4x12... I remain very disappointed. I saved up for a long time to buy all this Helix and Helix related crap, too.. so frustrating.

Jarick likes this.
  17. PBGas

PBGas Supporting Member

Axe III is incredible. I've had mine for a year and a few months now along with an FC-6. Just a fantastic setup and they keep adding these amazing things to it to make it even easier to use.

I just got a Friedman JJ Jr. as well. I wanted a smaller great sounding head that was a lighter weight. I still like to bring an amp to many gigs. It is nothing short of amazing for such a small package and loud! I love the simplicity of it as well. I sold my UA Ox and have the Waza TAE now. It serves a couple of purposes for me with the built in power amp.

KelsterVonShredster and Jarick like this.
  18. arislaf

arislaf Member

I wonder who else besides me is in tge minority here....

19. Moe45673

Moe45673 Member

Yes, super happy with my Zoom G5n

20. JiveTurkey

JiveTurkey Trumpets and Tants Silver Supporting Member

[​IMG]

mbenigni and Pastafarian like this.