• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Are you guys having trouble selling effects?

jlectka

Silver Supporting Member
Not really. I’ve sold and bought some recently. Granted, it’s been a buyers market for a while but right now I imagine a lot of people are hanging onto their excess cash because who knows how far all this nonsense is going to go.

kev324

Gold Supporting Member
Haven't listed pedals in awhile but have had a Gibson semi hollow and Mesa amp for sale with very little interest. I did just get a lowball offer for the amp at $300 less my already fair price.

PudWud

I think it’s everything that is struggling to sell.
Just saw a completed listing for a Dr Z Cure. £1600 new in UK, the guy didn’t get a single bid with a start price of £650.

CEFlint

Sold two this year. One in Feb and one two weeks ago. The first made an offer and I met them half way which was about 10% off my original price. The other met my original offer with no questions. I'm about down to about 20 pedals that I'm ready to keep for a while.

LqdSndDist

I think people are just going to need to start seeing pedals and music gear like any other used products, ie; your lucky to get 50% out of them.....

Everyone feels like you can use a pedal for a year and get 90% new prices, a “rental fee”, and maybe that has been true in some cases due to high demand but I think those times are over

how much is my year old iPhone, or my laptop, or car etc worth ? Why should music gear be any different ?

twoheadedboy

I think people are just going to need to start seeing pedals and music gear like any other used products, ie; your lucky to get 50% out of them.....

Everyone feels like you can use a pedal for a year and get 90% new prices, a “rental fee”, and maybe that has been true in some cases due to high demand but I think those times are over

how much is my year old iPhone, or my laptop, or car etc worth ? Why should music gear be any different ?
I've always bought used and never lost much money on a pedal. Most of the time, I either break even or make a little.

Silent Sound

I'm having trouble selling everything right now. I'm hoping once people get their stimulus checks, it'll pick up a bit. But as for the moment, I've got a lot of stuff out there, and not much is gaining interest.

COYS

as many people have said, sometimes the market for music gear determines what music gear is worth and sometimes the rest of life determines what music gear is worth.

I am. I have a bunch of effects for sale and no one interested because of the crap virus.
Opposite. I've sold six pedals and one guitar in the last week alone (all at the top end of Reverb's "Price Guide."

I contribute it to two things:
  1. The plague has everyone cooped up and (rightfully so) afraid to leave their home, so they online shop, because #gluttons. Just ask Jeff Bezos.

2. Quality photographs. Seriously folks, a pedal has six sides, meaning no listing should have less the six images. Period.

Opposite. I've sold six pedals and one guitar in the last week alone (all at the top end of Reverb's "Price Guide."

I contribute it to two things:
  1. The plague has everyone cooped up and (rightfully so) afraid to leave their home, so they online shop, because #gluttons. Just ask Jeff Bezos.

2. Quality photographs. Seriously folks, a pedal has six sides, meaning no listing should have less the six images. Period.
Shouldn't this be your avatar?

bluejazzoid

Silver Supporting Member
I am. I have a bunch of effects for sale and no one interested because of the crap virus.
Where are you trying to sell your effects? What are you selling? How much are asking?

It doesn't look like you have any TGP ads in the emporium.

underdog726

I think its less about the virus and more about peoples money is tight right now and even a 50$ pedal is on hold for many until this whole thing sorts out....

People aint worried about catching your corona germs.....its more that money is tight IMO

Good luck man.
Thats the most contradicting statement I have read in awhile.

drbob1

Gold Supporting Member
It IS going to be interesting. There's the "no money" side of the equation. There's also the "no production" side of the equation, where pedal manufacturers can have their shops open and can't get parts. The really small guys won't have a problem (if it's just one person making things). And the gigantic guys probably have production enough to keep up with demand for months. But the middle sized operations could be in trouble!

Trending Topics