Are you in the 36 to 39 year-old age range?

guitguy28

I'm 37 and I don't care that nobody cares what I've been listening to over the past 14 years.

I stopped giving a crap about musical trends way back in 1995 when I got bored of grunge and pop-punk.

Catch

Analog>Digital Converter
Gold Supporting Member
I thought about posting this thread too but had decided to keep to myself. The reason is that I am always "that guy with wierd musical tastes." Perhaps it is the years during which my ears developed. I grew up on MTV and then rejected it. I'm as likely now to listen to music performed on the Armenian Doudouk as a post rock instrumental. I suspect I am not the only one subjected to years of hair bands and force fed Michael Jackson in my age range (that few seem to care about ;) )that turned into a musical nomad.

Misterbulbous

the old guys here think the 36~39 year demographic is responsible for that "call me maybe" song and have shunned you from their pity parties.

Endr_rpm

I'm 38, I totally get you. I can find plenty of people a couple years older, or a couple years younger, but no one really close. Its a proven statistic- advent of birth control and a recession led to smallest number of births in post WW2 period.

So I married a girl 9 years younger than me ;)

sbruce

Since it's our kids that are feeding the "call me maybe" train, they may have a valid point :).

- Almost 38 and not sure how I feel about it

Misterbulbous

Since it's our kids that are feeding the "call me maybe" train, they may have a valid point :).

- Almost 38 and not sure how I feel about it
lol. I heard this morning that the song sold 17 million copies?? that seems insane. but not to derail...

JL75

Too old to rock and roll, too young to die.
What kind 'a @#$% is that!?!?!?!?! :waiting it did say between 36-39 not 96-99 right? And even then, Ill still be puttin everything at 11..probably more out of necessity than anything else but still..

Beng2040

Silver Supporting Member
I'm firmly in this camp at 36 years old. Nobody cares what I've been listening to and vice versa. I haven't cared in years and generally listen to music made in the 70's lately.

Misterbulbous

What kind 'a @#$% is that!?!?!?!?! :waiting it did say between 36-39 not 96-99 right? And even then, Ill still be puttin everything at 11..probably more out of necessity than anything else but still..
He was probably confused with "Too Young to Die, Too Drunk to Live" which is an Alcatrazz song.