Are you in your 20's and post on TGP?

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by fuzzface71, Feb 22, 2015.

1. fuzzface71

fuzzface71 Member

So what "new" (rock? is that what you guys still call it) music do you and your peers listen too? Old man wants to know. Post clips if you can.

;)

Please don't mention any dinosaurs. ;)

Sorry, that Dave Grohl/Foo Fighters thread made me start this one. Because, I really don't think that Dave and the boys are still "relevant" to the kids.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2015
  2. Coldacre

Coldacre Supporting Member

Pond!!

6 albums in the last 6 years! they're brilliant

3. AuroraTide

AuroraTide Member

Chon!
    Noel Gallaghers second solo effort
    Closure In Moscow
    The 1975

Been enjoying these artists lately

4. JJ Fux

JJ Fux Member

I think it is kinda "old". My peers do not listen to this kind of stuff. I am not from England.

5. aman74

aman74 Supporting Member

How about if we're over 40 and just never got stuck in one place musically and continue to listen to new artists all the time...stuff that the younger folks listen to...do we count?

As far as the Foo Fighters, I think that's true for some and not for others...ya know, younger people are varied as well...

The grunge era is becoming the new classic rock and there is a whole contingent of younger folks that love going through that era and discovering all the late 80's/90's bands, grunge and otherwise. Some of them dig the Foo Fighters.

Some more close-minded folks hell-bent on being "hip" will dismiss it out of hand as it has a strong "old man" rock vibe to it...part of that will be merely because of the demographic it's aimed at and part of that will be because of the vibe of the actual music. I like the Foo Fighters and all, but everything past the first album has a very "adult contemporary" sound about it. I always thought it was odd how there's such a complete lack of edge to the music.

6. custom53

custom53 Member

Great post..!

7. Ivo

Ivo Member

Last edited: Feb 22, 2015
  8. parker

parker Member

thank you!

These were fantastic! I'm looking into "Everything Everything" on iTunes now. I think its quite brilliant..

9. custom53

custom53 Member

Not so new now, maybe even 10 years old. And they seem to have followed the "AC/DC" formula. Both being from Australia.? But they still get me pumped up.. But then again, I am an "old man" too.

10. Peteyvee

Peteyvee Premium Platinum Member

Well, this just came out. I don't care for it, but my girlfriend loves it. I liked him better in Humble Pie... :D

[​IMG]

Oops, I thought you meant what were people listening to when I was 20. Never mind...

11. GloryJones

GloryJones Supporting Member

Not together anymore but these guys were awesome... As Tall As Lions. Check out their self titled album.

12. AustinIsPresent

AustinIsPresent Member

+1 for As Tall As Lions. Been into Geographer, Alvvays, and The War On Drugs for a bit now. TWOD has some great, fun guitar playing in it too. Midlake's album "Antiphon" is a cool, 70's prog influenced romp that I REALLY enjoyed.

13. Bieling3

Bieling3 Member

I hope the answer to that is, yes, we count, because 40 is within site, just around the bend for me. I make a point to not dwell on the past. I don't want to be like that eternal hesher we all know, or the '90s guy who only listens to the same three Nirvana, Alice in Chains, and Blind Melon albums they did when they were in their teens...

14. fuzzface71

fuzzface71 Member

No, you (we) don't count. ;)

That is the whole point of this thread. Because most of us who are in our 40's and up, thinks that because we.. "still listen" and think that we are.. "aware" of what's "cool"…that we sometimes think or we thought, we know what's hip, cool, relevant….or fresh ;)

15. fuzzface71

fuzzface71 Member

I'm in my mid 40's with a new-ish family. When I turned 40, to be honest I wasn't, and still didn't feel old. 40 is just the beginning of the downfall to grumpiness about music and anything music related…lol ;) After awhile you feel like you've seen it all, and heard it all and everything else is just a rehash..of something..

16. Bieling3

Bieling3 Member

17. fuzzface71

fuzzface71 Member

Cool stuff. Keep 'em coming!

18. Sid

Sid Member

19. aman74

aman74 Supporting Member

Well, I'm glad you've got it all figured out then...