Are you liking your Egnater Tourmaster? What's the verdict??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Rod, Sep 18, 2008.

1. Rod

Rod Tone is Paramount Silver Supporting Member

This $1400, 4 channel amp head has got a lot of power/tonal possibilities, and for what I'm doing with my band, it would be perfect....but....How does it sound?? are you folks happy with the Overdrive tones.?..I play Blues and Allman Bros type guitar...LP's, SG's..I've heard the clean channel is great...but what about the OD channels? Are the tones nice and big and fat and tight and singy?? just wondering? or should I save my $$ for a Diezel Einstein or XTC?? thankx...rod

2. Glowing Tubes

Glowing Tubes Gold Supporting Member

Hey Rod
    Quit buying gear! You're outta control. :p

The only negative thing I've heard about the Tourmaster is it weighs a TON. Something I know you would consider.

Hope you're well, drop me a line.

Richard

3. GAT

GAT Gold Supporting Member

Rod, I had an MOD50 with a couple of modules. I thought it sounded very good, but not great. But I've heard others use them on CDs and thought they sound killer. I never owned a Tourmaster.

BTW, what happened to Santa Fe?

4. Zero

Zero Member

I guess I'm old fashioned but I could never pay that much for an amp mass produced in China.

5. Glowing Tubes

Glowing Tubes Gold Supporting Member

Like you, Rod has escaped. Now I'm the only one left here.:bkw:huh

6. 3 Mile Stone

3 Mile Stone Silver Supporting Member

There are a couple of threads out there on it. Try the search. I know Lucidology just bought one and likes it.

7. electronpirate

electronpirate Member

What's wrong with Santa Fe? I grew up there!

8. Rod

Hi GAT...I thought you owned a Tourmaster...sorry....I moved back to New England where I'm from...Lived in Arizona for a year and Santa Fe for 5...missed the water to much, but Santa Fe is a great place...take care

9. Rod

Hi Richard....I need a versatile amp for the new band I started called Bluesberry Jam. 4 channels would be the ticket.. how's the Pure 64 working out?

10. Guitar Dave T

Guitar Dave T Member

Rod,

I also play blues and Allman Bros type guitar. I also host a jam from time to time with the same amp I use for my regular band. One night a local amazingly good player/friend who builds his own equally amazing sounding amps walks in to the jam; We get to talking about his most recent build and how incredible it sounds (he's also into blues/rock & Allman type stuff).

So before I get him up to play, I ask him if he wants to go get his amp out of the trunk of his car. He tells me, "**** no, I want to play through what YOU'VE got. That thing sounds awesome."

"What" I've got? A '93 Fender Blues Deluxe with a Celestion Vintage 30 and a Jetter Gain Stage Red.

So my friend got up and played his LP through it, and he was right. It did sound awesome.

The moral of the story is "Quit spending money on overpriced Asian do-it-all gear and just shuddup 'n play yer guitar."

BTW, I've tried the Egnator at GC. Nice amp, but the sounds I really like I am able to get more organically out of my own low-rent rig.

11. Rod

Thankx Guitar Dave T...I also have a Jetter GSR and a few other great one channel type amps, but I really need the versatility of 4 channels....
    Anyone else out there have one??