Arena & Shed Rock shows

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by NashSG, Feb 21, 2012.

1. NashSG

NashSG Member

I'm kind of to the point that I don't know if I really want to see any band playing some huge hall for like 60-100 a ticket. Unless you drop serious cash, you just end up watching them on TV. I think I realize it just kind of sucks. Haven't been to a shed show in a couple years. I guess the last one was maybe Tom Petty a few years back in the lawn and those are even going pretty expensive anymore.

I'd probably go to a festival type show with a bunch of bands at one of those places, but it's just too expensive for what you are get. Buddy of mine paid $180 for seats to Van Halen in Louisville from seats that Andre Dawson couldn't have hit the stage with a baseball. No thanks, might as well just wait and buy a DVD - it's about the same experience.

That said, I don't mind paying 20-30 bucks to see a band in a club if it is someone good and there are plenty that still play at that level that are fine groups. I guess the sad thing is saying good bye when a band you like moves to that next step, which kind of happens.

2. tonejunky

tonejunky Member

It's definately worth it sometimes.

Especially if the venue has great acoustics and a good sound system.

+ some bands have incredible light shows.

I think that it makes a huge difference if the band is just 'phoning it in' or if they really connect with the audience and play in such a way that being at a live show is truly something special.

3. dmb70

dmb70 Member

For bands I'm a pretty big fan of I typically join their fan clubs, which are usually under $50.00 & get usually excellent tickets via their pre sales for face value.

4. Wake911

Wake911 Member

hearing the music, feeling the music and the crowd experience is either owrth it or not......nothing we can say to change that to you.....

I'd personally rather be in the nosebleeds of a stadium for almost any band, rather than watch it on tv....cause you can't feel or hear the excitement in the stadium when sitting on your couch.

5. hearmecrybaby

hearmecrybaby Senior Member

I don't see bands that charge more than $40-50 for a ticket. IME, when you get higher than that what you're paying for isn't really the music or the performance, and that's just not on my list of priorities.