Areodrums....

newb3fan

Who has seen this? Holy crap how cool. And it's a MIDI instrument and you can record right into whatever DAW you use or trigger the samples in whatever kits you have loaded as VST plugins into your DAW. Amazing. So getting this.....

-alex

It looks like a camera tracking your sticks and feet, both have retro-reflective paint on them. The software does the tracking and converting motion paths into midi.

This looks like a DIY project, combining a little computer vision with machine learning for control. Get your old xbox kinect, use both the depth stream and the video stream, track motion with OpenCV, use Wekinator to learn motion models and output to OSC.

Crowder

Dang Twangler
Silver Supporting Member
SICK! I'm wondering how well it would work for tracking into a DAW while playing with a DAW-fed click?

Crowder

Dang Twangler
Silver Supporting Member
Milli Vanilli of the drum world?

No, because these people clearly know how to play. I'm surprised at how accurately the camera is picking up the subtleties of the guy's drumming.

newb3fan

SICK! I'm wondering how well it would work for tracking into a DAW while playing with a DAW-fed click?

I'm wondering the exact same thing. I used to be a drummer a long time ago. It would be way more fun and better I think to play in a track of drums than to do it from pads or keys on the MIDI keyboard. I think the immediate results would be better too. I'm going to wait and see about additional feedback for this product.

mughead

useful stuff. i would use this for just getting down demo tracks in the home studio quickly.

Crowder

Dang Twangler
Silver Supporting Member
I've got a good set of e-drums but they don't track as well as it seems like this sysyem does. I'm just curious about how to use it with a daw.

newb3fan

I've got a good set of e-drums but they don't track as well as it seems like this sysyem does. I'm just curious about how to use it with a daw.

What I was able to figure out from their website was that you assign each drum to it's counterpart in a plug-in like Kontakt 5 Studio Drummer for example. Then when you hit the kick it will trigger the bass drum in the kit you have selected. So you are using the MIDI function to "play" the studio kit in real time.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom