• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Aria LP Gold on Gold Metallic Sparkle

Lennon

I just picked up this LP copy today - it plays super nice. Great tone. Looks amazing. The paint is in good shape. The top, back, sides and neck have all been sprayed with sweet gold metallic sparkly goodness. The hardware is also gold and is aging quite beautifully. Bolt on neck. It weighs a ton. The only downside is that the selector switch is a bit wonky and is going to require me to dig around in there a little to figure it out.

I like it. Are there any other Aria owners out there? Know when this was built? there aren't any serial numbers on the wood...

iainmc

I had a black one - my first electric. I did heaps of mods - pickups, coil taps, Kinda wish I still had it. great guitar.

/i

Jesus freak

Silver Supporting Member
I had a Aria SG copy for years, it was a sweet sweet guitar! My buddy has it now in pieces :( he lost all hardwear and pups. I was sad to hear that. Your LP looks awesome though!

Lennon

according to this web archive: http://www.matsumoku.org/models/aria/aria.html it's probably some variant of a 5522G which dates it between '70-74. Also, I've read that the open book headstock style was phased out in '75 (released through '76), that would make sense if it coincided with the brand name change to "Aria Pro II" in '75. However, I've also read that the headstock change occurred in '77 (released through '78)...

idunno, it's fun doing the research - but as the website says, it's all kinda sketchy.

Trending Topics