• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Aria Pro 2 SB-1000 question?

Niblos

Hello,

I was curious if the serial number on my bass #109018 means the year "1981"? I bought the bass used in the mid-eighties so it sounds correct. It is simply is the best bass I have ever played. Bought it from an old band mate for $300 with original electronics.

C&J Dist

I think you can date the old one's on the aria website at www.ariaguitars.com. Good thing you bought an old one. The new one's that they are making now suck. The company is nothing like it used to be. They keep making cheaper and cheaper junk now. They barely have a presence left in the U.S. Good luck.

AceManIII

I remember Aria being a great guitar. My down the street neighbor had one of these kinds of basses in the 70's. It always sounded great to me, but I played horn and just a little bit of some strings back then. I know he is looking for one again. He is up in Ohio now and played new one a little while back that he said was even better than he remembered. We talk about meeting in the summer and getting the old group back so our kids can see we used to be cool. :JAMI hope so. :JAM
I was going to mention the bass to his wife for a Christmas gift. He really liked it. Does anyone else have some experience with the new Aria basses. I don't want to suggest something like that without a little more input, but Christmas is just around the corner.

Niblos

Is it a neck thru?
It is a thru neck. I have since discovered it is a 1981 model that was used by players like John Taylor at the time. It really is a superb playing machine. I have had players pick it up and say nothing plays like it.

Trending Topics