Aria Pro II - Fan Club

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by shampoch, Jan 18, 2015.

1. shampoch

shampoch Member

As a Collector, I don't have any other Aria Pro II's except these, but I did have a couple strat models as a kid and happened to be lucky enough to come across two of these "Zebra" models within months of each other. Finally got around to cleaning them up and setting them up and actually impressed with how well the both play and sound!

Any other Aria Pro II Fans ?

[​IMG]

2. mesa/kramer

mesa/kramer Member

3. archey

archey Supporting Member

+1 on that one.

4. Whiskeyrebel

Whiskeyrebel Supporting Member

[​IMG]
    If we're doing wish lists, I would love an SH800.

5. treeofpain

treeofpain Silver Supporting Member

Currently on reverb...1980 Aria Pro II PE-450. This is probably my favorite Aria series of guitars.

[​IMG]

6. squawken

squawken Member

I've had a CS 250 since 1983. Can't beat it for the price. I have some higher end guitars but still like pulling it off the wall. That guitar has been through so much with me. Will never get rid of it

fescue likes this.
  7. fretless

fretless Supporting Member

I had a SB series bass all thru the 80's but stupidly sold in 1991. But a few months back snagged an RSB Aria Pro II bass on the GC used sight for $150. Freaking awesome bass! Often Aria stuff sells crazy cheap as Ithink unless you were a player in the 80's you probably have never heard of the brand.

8. DonP

DonP Member

My first guitar in 1985 was an Aria RS Classic. I still have it though radically modified.

As I look more and more, Aria could have been the ESP of today. Lynch and Campbell were playing them, but then the wheels fell off?

9. mc5nrg

mc5nrg Member

80s Cardinal series are quite nice. Rather like an updated MM which does fit in the MIJ case.

10. sanrico

sanrico Member

My first good guitar was an Aria RS Bobcat identical to this pic. It was a good guitar, but I was a metalhead and sad that it didn't have a humbucker. It was the first mod I ever did by myself...and I did it like an ogre, using a chisel and hammer to "route" the guitar for the bucker.

My best friend at the time had the Cardinal. He sadly passed away many years ago, and every time I see one of those guitars, I think of him.

[​IMG]

HERSCHEL likes this.
  11. treedroppings

treedroppings Member

Aria rs classic. I gave it back cause the neck was thin. Great player! Color red with gold flake. It was so pretty! Brass bridge and nut. All for $200 in 2009. I should have kept that.

12. cratz2

cratz2 Member

[​IMG]

And in 9th and 10th grade Jazz band, I played an Aria Pro II exactly like this one when I switched to bass:

[​IMG]

time2kill likes this.
  13. DustyRhodesJr

DustyRhodesJr Supporting Member

In the 80's I had already played for 10 years or so, and I got the idea
    that I wanted a "shape" guitar.

I ended up buying a ZZ Deluxe in blueburst, which was an Explorer-
    shaped guitar.

I really liked it, but in the late 90's I wasnt using it and gave it away.

14. MKB

MKB Silver Supporting Member

I had one of those back in the mid 80s, it was a spectacular guitar. I recall being amazed that a piece of junk like that played and felt so much better than any LP I had played.

Another fine Aria I had was a semi hollow TA-100, another spectacular guitar. I liked everything about it, except it was an Aria and it just didn't quite sound like a real Gibson ES.

Both of these guitars were of amazing quality, as good as anything I have played since. I wish I would have kept them, especially the TA-100, you just don't see them very much these days.

Fantastic cook likes this.
  15. inselwissen

inselwissen Member

Lots of love for Matsumoku.

My first "good" guitar was a Cardinal Series 400 in a dark brown burst. Superb fit and finish, great tone, but I ultimately gravitated more towards single coil sounds and sold it.

A few Matsumoku guitars followed over the years, but the one I regret selling the most was an absurdly great Westone Concord III. It looked similar to this one...
    [​IMG]
    ...and to this day it's the only Strat I've ever really bonded with. Wish I had it back.

16. muletrane

muletrane Supporting Member

Mine isn't an electric but it's an Aria Pro II. It was my first guitar and I still have it! Plays like an electric. Very slinky feel. I'm still kicking myself for putting that dumb pickguard on there.

[​IMG]

17. Snottyboy

Snottyboy Member

Always wanted a PE-series since Neil Schon endorsed them briefly. Finally got a 1984 PE-60 a few years ago and it's a really nice guitar in the LP vein, albeit a bit lighter. It has become one of my favorites.

Also got a late 70's acoustic that is a cross between a Gibson Dove and Martin D-35. It is a beautiful, very well made, good sounding guitar. I've searched the net over and have never seen another like it.

JasonElGato likes this.
  18. Kentano2000

Kentano2000 Member

Had a ZZ Custom from '85-'88. Cool guitar.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Omega

Omega Member

I had the exact same guitar for the exact same time period. It was cool, but I found it a little hard to get used to with the right hand's angle on the bridge, plus the raised allen screws would dig into my hand. Still, it was pretty good and definitely a step up from my first guitar.

Kentano2000 likes this.
  20. goodwater

goodwater Member

great stuff!

I just sold this one and will miss it
    [​IMG]
    upload png

I've also got this one on the market but don't mind if it doesn't sell
    [​IMG]
    image sharing sites