• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Aria Pro II - Fan Club

Staticbuster

The other guitar player in my high school band had two Arias. One was a white strat style w/black pickguard and a floyd rose style trem. The other was a hardtail flying v in blue, just like the finish on Muletrane's acoustic. I really liked the V, I had it for a while but ultimately he gave the V the his little brother.

Gitarman

I bought an Aria 'Diamond Jet Axe' in High School and modified it heavily during my college years. I still have the body & neck hanging above the workbench in my garage; one day, I might even try to make it playable again.

It currently looks like this:

Amegatek

I had an Aria Pro II in the late 80's. Played it for a few years and traded it for an Ibanez EX series. The Aria was my first real guitar after I traded a cheap Harmony electric. Really liked it a lot

JimNasium

My newly aquired PE-175 Herb Ellis is in the center flanked by it's Matumoku factory sisters. A Vantage VS-H455 (a killer slide guitar tuned to open G) and a VE-565.

I owned a Aria Pro II PE-R80 but it was too bright for me. I also had a mid-70s strat copy that was a total dog. The three above are killer guitars though.

i have a used aria wildcat (?) bass thats head over other basses, new or used. very practical, just the right size body and neck. even my daughter likes playing it. i'm eying one of those aria superstrats that's on the local listing. my experience in playing an aria was on a double cut guitar a friend had. it had an on-board overdrive. sadly he was ambushed ( he was a soldier) and the guitar was buried with him.

minorseventh

Windup 43

Lots of love for Matsumoku.

My first "good" guitar was a Cardinal Series 400 in a dark brown burst. Superb fit and finish, great tone, but I ultimately gravitated more towards single coil sounds and sold it.

A few Matsumoku guitars followed over the years, but the one I regret selling the most was an absurdly great Westone Concord III. It looked similar to this one...

...and to this day it's the only Strat I've ever really bonded with. Wish I had it back.
Like this? :) My first electric, circa '81

DirtyJerzey

My first electric was an APII, got it in the mid 80s. Double cut chambered mahogany body with a strange pickguard. Had a DC LP vibe. I sold it to a friend, who lent it to another friend, then it was stolen. In the wind now. I tried tracking it down without success. I can't even find pictures online that match what it was.

mango

haha ^ that's great .

my set neck LP copy is a rebranded Aria

Last edited:

frankencat

Guitarded
Gold Supporting Member
I'm in. I have a mid '70s Jazz Bass that is amazing. Everyone who plays it wants it.

J Factor

Silver Supporting Member
I have an Aria Pro II RSB bass that a friend gave me for free.99 because it wasn't being used.

It's a beautifully made instrument, plays great, and sounds the business! I can't thank him enough for it.

fescue

My first electric was an Aria Pro II, early 80s. I think it was CS-250... sorta like an SG.

Zeegler

Matsomoku era Aria Pros were fantastic. I've owned a bunch of them, and other Uncle Mat guitars too. I've had some LS and LC models (LP Standard, and LP Custom) and a whole slew of Cardinals. I also had an XX Custom neck-thru flying V, a pretty rare beast.

I sold off most of them, and currently only have a CS B&G which is the Black & Gold version of the Cardinal CS-400. I'm currently in the process of restoring it.

PartoftheDark

I have an old Urchin U60T that I've had since 92 which is about to get refretted. I've thought several times about getting a 2nd one. I recently even put some MMK45 pickups in an SG and it was like coming home again. I absolutely love that company.

Last edited:

Trending Topics