Aria Pro II - Fan Club

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by shampoch, Jan 18, 2015.

1. Staticbuster

Staticbuster Member

The other guitar player in my high school band had two Arias. One was a white strat style w/black pickguard and a floyd rose style trem. The other was a hardtail flying v in blue, just like the finish on Muletrane's acoustic. I really liked the V, I had it for a while but ultimately he gave the V the his little brother.

2. Gitarman

Gitarman Member

I bought an Aria 'Diamond Jet Axe' in High School and modified it heavily during my college years. I still have the body & neck hanging above the workbench in my garage; one day, I might even try to make it playable again.

It currently looks like this:

[​IMG]

3. Amegatek

Amegatek Member

I had an Aria Pro II in the late 80's. Played it for a few years and traded it for an Ibanez EX series. The Aria was my first real guitar after I traded a cheap Harmony electric. Really liked it a lot

4. JimNasium

JimNasium Member

[​IMG]

My newly aquired PE-175 Herb Ellis is in the center flanked by it's Matumoku factory sisters. A Vantage VS-H455 (a killer slide guitar tuned to open G) and a VE-565.

I owned a Aria Pro II PE-R80 but it was too bright for me. I also had a mid-70s strat copy that was a total dog. The three above are killer guitars though.

5. leonard d rock

leonard d rock Member

i have a used aria wildcat (?) bass thats head over other basses, new or used. very practical, just the right size body and neck. even my daughter likes playing it. i'm eying one of those aria superstrats that's on the local listing. my experience in playing an aria was on a double cut guitar a friend had. it had an on-board overdrive. sadly he was ambushed ( he was a soldier) and the guitar was buried with him.

6. minorseventh

minorseventh Member

Ive been drooling over that mockingbird since I saw it in the emporium maybe 2 weeks ago! actually I was selling stuff to buy it.. still not quite there yet though.
    my #1 is an old Aria Urchin with even more knobs and switches. I love Arias!

7. Windup 43

Windup 43 Supporting Member

Like this? :) My first electric, circa '81

[​IMG]

8. DirtyJerzey

DirtyJerzey Member

My first electric was an APII, got it in the mid 80s. Double cut chambered mahogany body with a strange pickguard. Had a DC LP vibe. I sold it to a friend, who lent it to another friend, then it was stolen. In the wind now. I tried tracking it down without success. I can't even find pictures online that match what it was.

9. mughead

mughead Member

Got this old beast from 84. plays good. tuned to open C. It has spark splugs rammed into it. :mob

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

St Petersburg likes this.
  10. mango

mango Member

haha ^ that's great .

my set neck LP copy is a rebranded Aria

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 26, 2015
  11. frankencat

frankencat Guitarded Supporting Member

I'm in. I have a mid '70s Jazz Bass that is amazing. Everyone who plays it wants it.

12. jammybastard

jammybastard "I'm losing my edge, but I was there..."

want a RS-800-12 Rev Sound.
    one of my fave elec 12 strings ever.

13. J Factor

J Factor Silver Supporting Member

I have an Aria Pro II RSB bass that a friend gave me for free.99 because it wasn't being used.

It's a beautifully made instrument, plays great, and sounds the business! I can't thank him enough for it.

fretless likes this.
  14. fescue

fescue Member

My first electric was an Aria Pro II, early 80s. I think it was CS-250... sorta like an SG.

15. Yamaha 350

Yamaha 350 Member

I still love that company.

16. Zeegler

Zeegler Member

Matsomoku era Aria Pros were fantastic. I've owned a bunch of them, and other Uncle Mat guitars too. I've had some LS and LC models (LP Standard, and LP Custom) and a whole slew of Cardinals. I also had an XX Custom neck-thru flying V, a pretty rare beast.

I sold off most of them, and currently only have a CS B&G which is the Black & Gold version of the Cardinal CS-400. I'm currently in the process of restoring it.

fretless likes this.
  17. Yamaha 350

Yamaha 350 Member

New one made current.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

archey and JasonElGato like this.
  18. PartoftheDark

PartoftheDark Member

I have an old Urchin U60T that I've had since 92 which is about to get refretted. I've thought several times about getting a 2nd one. I recently even put some MMK45 pickups in an SG and it was like coming home again. I absolutely love that company.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
  19. jwguitar

jwguitar Supporting Member

I love Aria Guitars. The cool thing is they are finally coming back into the US market. I don't have the guitar in picture above but I have one of these:

20. jwguitar

jwguitar Supporting Member

These are actually really great guitars for 499. I really like the necks on them.

archey likes this.