• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Aria Pro II - Fan Club

adwmil

Hi: I have an "FS Series By Aria Pro II" that I am seeking info on.
Despite the fact that "JAPAN" -- rather than "Made in Japan" -- appears on its neck plate (see link below), is it an M.I.J. guitar?

(I thought the "JAPAN" might refer to the location of the, on the preceding line, "Arai & Co., Inc.", rather than the guitar itself's place of manufacture.)
Thanks

Litterick

This thread has been running for almost five years, yet nobody has asked the questions that need answers. Why do all these very different guitars have the same name? Has it always been Aria Pro II, or did they once make an Aria Pro? Can we expect a Pro III, or is that to much to ask?

naveed211

There’s an Aria Strat type locally (Bobcat?) I keep considering. Not a fan of the pickups but really good bones otherwise, really nicely broken in neck. After a pup swap and a good setup it’d be a hell of a guitar.

Late to the Aria party, but here's mine TS-300!
Had it for ages, first electric I bought when I was a kid.
Everything still original:

I've just changed strings and was thinking that maybe after all these years I could give her new tuners, maybe locking.
Any ideas about what could be done with the least work? Do any drop-in replacement exist?
Or do I just ... drop the idea?

Matsumoku catalogue:
http://www.matsumoku.org/models/ariaproii/catalogs/1981ts/81ts_a_pg2.jpg.html

Last edited:

Freedom

I wouldn't say I am an AriaProII fan per se, but that STB was the first bass I ever bought as I needed it to finalise my recordings. That was the cheapest and most decent bass I could find back then round here (very early 2000's). Apart from one buzzing/rattling tuner it was alright and it did it's job.

blong

Silver Supporting Member
As a teen I worked in a music store. In the back of the warehouse I found the body and neck of one of these. Owner sold it to me for $50. I ayed it for a while. He later wanted it back. He traded me a partscaster, 65 body, 72 neck, and 1975 Fender Twin for it. I wish I still had it. A dragon guitar before PRS was a company.
https://images.app.goo.gl/bekNcUNE2SeCqC7L6

Trending Topics