1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

arion sch-1 question

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by infrared72, May 16, 2011.

1. infrared72

infrared72 Member

Finally got around to hooking up my Arion Sch-1 chorus and Eventide TimeFactor in stereo yesterday. I'm getting really good stereo from the Timefactor by offsetting each delay slightly so the echo trails are distinct. On the Arion Chorus, I was messing with the 'Direct/Stereo' switch to see what that does. Originally I thought this was a stereo/mono switch, but it doesn't seem like the chorus effect is engaged in Direct mode when i (gently) stomp the pedal to engage the effect.

Anyone know what the reason or rationale was behind the direct/stereo switch on the Arion SCH-1?

2. reverendfrankie

reverendfrankie Supporting Member

I have one. If I remember - when you have it in direct mode - and it is plugged into 2 amps/stereo - you get a clean signal in one amp and an effected signal in the other. When you set it to stereo, the chorus signal is split between the 2 outputs and kinda 'swirls'.
    Plug into 2 amps and try it.
    Cheers,
    Rev.