Arlington ROll Call

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by Category 5, Oct 17, 2008.

1. Category 5

Category 5 Member

Anyone going to the largest vintage guitar show on the planet? We will be there. TGPer's stop by and identify yourself!

DOnR

2. Sean French

Sean French Supporting Member

I'll be there Saturday.I'll stop by and say hello Don.

3. Bantha

Bantha Member

I'll be there Saturday as well

4. cody_scu

cody_scu Member

I'll be there Saturday and Sunday.

5. Sandy Wise

Sandy Wise Guest

I was planning to go on Saturday for a look-see.

Question to the builders who may be exhibitors - is this show good for business?

I would think that the immediate sales might not be great but the exposure would lead to name recognition and subsequent business.

6. Will Chen

Will Chen Member

I may be there on Sunday...

7. cvansickle

cvansickle Supporting Member

I'll be there Saturday.

8. bluesjuke

bluesjuke Disrespected Elder

I'll be there Saturday too.

9. Tone Disciple

Tone Disciple Gold Supporting Member

I will stop in and see you guys Don.

10. townsend

townsend Member

For those who went to the Arlington Guitar show, what did you see that you didn't expect and/or was new?

11. carltonh

carltonh Member

I'm taking my 6 year old on Sunday.

12. bluesjuke

bluesjuke Disrespected Elder

I ended up not making it, didn't feel well (back) and laid down to rest for just a minute and woke up hours later.

Maybe tomorrow.

13. cvansickle

cvansickle Supporting Member

I was there and got to try one of these amps through the 410 cab - SHAZAM!!!!

14. Austinrocks

Austinrocks Member

Was there saturday, wanted to play the Catagory amps, but the sign next to the booth said no playing and the two guys at the booth were always talking to each other, got dirty looks when I entered the booth a couple times, Jerry Amalfitano was right next door and I do love his pups and marshalls so I played that instead. Catagory 5's booth was really set up badly, with the amp to be played in the aisle was a half stack, really more interested in the combo amps. I played the amps last year at the show they are good amps but I have several great amps.

Really suprised that they had electrics in both rooms, did not see the small rooms going which is a pity, means the show was gettting smaller.

Played the Moog Guitar, really disappointed in the guitar, infinite sustain with a VCA, voltage controlled amp, could hear the gain changing and it was radical on held notes, filter effects were really hard to control, its nice to have an instrument that does everything, I had a Mini Moog and play keyboards, but musicain should be in control not the instrument, the neck was annoying to me as well, really expected better, was able to play with a strap, which is important to me, sitting down is for acoustics. Personally my compressor, volume pedal and a wah gets the stuff so much better, the guitar got very unmusical most of the time. The girl at the booth was really nice and I do want Moog to be successful.

Really loved the Reverend guitars, they have been favorites of mine, and now that they have stopped making the formic guitars I am interested in buying one. Really loved every one of their guitars that I played at the show, makes it hard to buy when you have so many choices, fenders and gibsons are much easier, every one is very different. I do wish they would bring back the Hell Hound, the Orange amp is just weird to me.

Arilington has always been strange, more booths but really not as much as the Dallas the show if that makes any sense, really very few amps, and that is what I am interested in checking out, other than the Catagory amps did not see any others that I was interested in.

Was not worth the gas to go back sunday, so I stayed home and watched the cowboys lose.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2008
  15. Category 5

Category 5 Member

Austin Rocks,

Sorry you did not have a great experience at the booth. We had alot of issues with the "noise police" not wanting anyone to test amps. We just ignored them a bit later in the show. Any amp could have been tested, but we probabely had a few too many amps for the booth space. They used to have a "loud room" at the show where you could wheel one around and then let it rip. If your interested, I'll be glad to make a few of the combo's available for you to test at some other time, just let me know.

Bought a set of those pickups myself-just great strat pups-best I'ved heard.

Thanks for your interest,

DonR