Arranging pedalboard?

cam.man67

So here's what I've got on my board currently:

Boss TU-2, EHX Big Muff, modded Boss DS-1, MXR Phase 100, old MXR Stereo Chorus, and EHX Memory Boy.

What would be the ideal order of these pedals, or anybody's preferences for order? Obviously, I guess TU-2 would be first. For the past couple months I then had the BMP and DS-1 back to back followed by the Stereo Chorus and Phase 100, finished up the MB. Does that make sense? Or would you replace the BMP and DS-1 with the two MXRs and vice versa?

Tenebrous

I would go...

TU-2 > DS-1 > EHX Memory Boy > MXR Phase 100 > EHX Big Muff > MXR Stereo Chorus.

Standard setup would be more like...

TU-2 > MXR Phase 100 > DS-1 > EHX Big Muff > MXR Stereo Chorus >EHX Memory Boy.

But what can I say... I just love the sound of delay pre fuzz/dirt... The repeats are just crazy (Especially with an analog delay like the Memory Boy). If you like your repeats smoother, I wouldn't put it there. If you want your delays to be more distorted than your actual input signal, try it out.

niclake13

I set mine up as follows:

Buffer > MicroPOG (doesn't have it's own "class") > Dirt > EQ > Volume > chorus/phase/flange > delay > reverb.

You can also do other modifications at your leisure. I put a delay pre-volume as a "solo" and filler pedal. Buffs the sound, but I'm able to cut it w/ the volume pedal if I so desire.

More importantly, do what sounds good to you.

redbeardrob

I would go: Boss TU-2, modded Boss DS-1, EHX Big Muff, old MXR Stereo Chorus, MXR Phase 100, and EHX Memory Boy.

i usually stack low gain to high gain. and i really like distortion/OD's into big muffs. the chorus & phase, i would stack from low to higher effect, depending on which has more of a wet signal. the wetter of the two should be last in my book. delays are always last (it just makes sense, you don't want to put it before other effects because the effects after the delay won't repeat properly). it all depends on who you ask though.

Tenebrous

I haven't experimented much with tremolo placing to be honest but I do like really rhythmic trems early in the chain. Setting the delay and the tremolo just out of time with each other can make some pretty bizarre sounds (Especially with slides).

Experiment :) It's all good!

Trending Topics