ARRGG! 11 Rack is frozen!

BuddyGuit

Silver Supporting Member
One of the things I do is write music for license. Different styles like americana, country, latin, smooth jazz etc. I use an 11 Rack which is now frozen on the startup screen. I don't have money in the remaining gear budget for a Fractal, Kemper or Helix. I could use software stuff I guess. I use Logic Pro and have some other soft amps. Or maybe get a Suhr Reactive Load and use my amps. For me the 11 Rack was convenient though. Maybe I'll get a used one. Sorry just venting I guess.

oldhousescott

Gold Supporting Member
Not a one-to-one replacement, but S-Gear is only $100 right now and might be enough to get you through.

That's a bugger. It happened to my 11R a few years ago and I paid quite a bit to get it repaired. Turned out to be a dry joint or some such on the circuit board. I don't regret having fixed it, but I am somewhat paranoid that it will happen again.

Right now if it failed my guess is that 11R is still the best replacement.

Steve Dallas

You can buy a new or used 11R without a ProTools license very inexpensively. You might look at that. Ebay is full of them.

texasdave

One of the things I do is write music for license. Different styles like americana, country, latin, smooth jazz etc. I use an 11 Rack which is now frozen on the startup screen. I don't have money in the remaining gear budget for a Fractal, Kemper or Helix. I could use software stuff I guess. I use Logic Pro and have some other soft amps. Or maybe get a Suhr Reactive Load and use my amps. For me the 11 Rack was convenient though. Maybe I'll get a used one. Sorry just venting I guess.
Long shot of the year: with the unit on, unplug it and leave it alone 5mins.

The eleven rack forum at duc.avid.com is probably your best resource for finding someone who has cured the same problem.
Good luck

BuddyGuit

Silver Supporting Member
Long shot of the year: with the unit on, unplug it and leave it alone 5mins.

The eleven rack forum at duc.avid.com is probably your best resource for finding someone who has cured the same problem.
Good luck
Thanks for the replies. I tried the "long shot of the year" to no avail and searched the forum. I may end up replacing it. It's like buying tires. Not much of a thrill.

mouzer

Have you tried a hard reset by holding Reverb+FX Loop buttons while starting up the unit? Adding the MOD button will also hard reset but also reset all your rigs.

Jarick

Silver Supporting Member
You may still be able to salvage some money from the unit off eBay.

Vibroluxman

Check Reverb for a used unit as well for Fractal; some of the original Axe-FX are selling for much less than their new counterparts

Trending Topics