arrgh, snapped off a terminal on my 1265, help!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by pdouds, Mar 16, 2008.

1. pdouds

pdouds Member

Anyone know where i can purchase a cardboard terminal strip like celestion, eminence and the others use.You kow, the little terminal strip that is mounted on the speaker. I have been experimenting with switching out speakers in my cab, and was de-soldering my speaker wire when one of the loop(?) connectors broke off. there is still plenty of room to solder a new wire to what's left, but i would rather find the a spade terminal strip to install. i don;t know why celestion uses those flimsy terminals on such an expensive
    speakers.

2. jspax7

jspax7 Member

There was a thread awhile back about how everyone hates these hook terminals. I wish Celestion would change them... poor design imo.

I'm all ears if someone has a fix for this.

I have a couple of the old 12-65's, and I soldered pigtails on them. Unless there's an affordable option to replace the terminal board with a clip style, or EV style board, I'd just go with pigtails, even if I bought a new speaker.

BTW, I read your post about favoring the RWB speaker these days, and just thought I'd mention that I'm liking it a lot too. Hard to beat for versatility. Great clean and lead tones.

3. BudLite

BudLite Supporting Member

I would do what jspax7 did, solder on some pigtails so they can accept a terminal connection. It is a foolish thing celestion did, as I stated in the thread jspax7 refers to.

4. Iceman8.6

Iceman8.6 Member

What I don't get is that the Blue has the more modern type terminal and its been around longer than any of those other speakers?

5. rockon1

rockon1 Member

6. pdouds

pdouds Member

7. pdouds

pdouds Member

yup . i agree. they (rwb's) have a really meaty tone that my fuchs (and I ) like. (-: