Art Guitar by James Macdonald in Show

My art guitar named "Patience" was selected to be in the Maine Wood 2014 show at the Center for Furniture Craftsmanship in Rockport Maine. The show runs through April 2nd. At the opening, I'm honored to say, I won the award for Outstanding Craftsmanship. I'm just starting a new build of six and plan to start a page to follow the progress.

kidmo

Dude, that is awesome, you have got to get some more pics up, stat. Is that marquetry? Again, congratulations! That is a beautiful guitar :bow

This guitar has two sisters- "Diablesse", and "Lady Jane"

They all have Lindy Fralin P-90's and wiring by Crosby Tone Works. Nitro lacquer finish and Gotoh tuners and stop tailpieces. I'm happy with the good sound and playability of these three. All are available. I've got good momentum going into this next build.

Just getting towards the tail end of making a matching compass rose to this one for Hinckley Yachts. In addition to making guitars, I create marquetry and inlay work on furniture and boats, as well as art and portraiture. The above table goes in the bow of a jet-drive boat. The client liked his first boat so much that he's ordered a second. Sometimes I do that with beer....