Arteffect Zenith overdrive demo overview

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by jzucker, Apr 24, 2008.

1. pullagnm

pullagnm Member

That was some nice bluesy playing, thanks. Is the Voice control like the Zendrive and what amp are you using?

2. jzucker

jzucker Supporting Member

yes, voice is somewhat like the zendrive. I was playing through the clean channel of a ceriatone overtone amp.

3. jzucker

So, all the folks who were criticizing my other videos, is this one any better?

4. daddyo

daddyo Guest

I don't like the video. How come the Zenith doesn't slide down the music stand? This frightens me. Now I'll have nightmares. I don't like this video.

5. jzucker

Haha - I'm trying to come up with a good way to interactively demo these things. My wife thought it was weird seeing the pedal stuck to the music stand last night.

The problem with these things is that one guy will complain because he can't see a closeup of the pedal's settings and another guy will complain that he wants to see my fingers. I'm not making this up. I actually got both these criticisms on one clip where I showed just the device and this one where I show both. ;)

6. daddyo

daddyo Guest

It's a great clip. I like when you pan the voice knob and we hear the range.

7. Secret Ingredient

Secret Ingredient Member

I think if you just have a really hot "booth-babe" type 'model' the effect while you play, you would get very few complaints. This board appears to be composed predominantly of males.

8. Seegs

Seegs Member

nice demo of what the pedal can do I wouldn't worry about the naysayers...seems like there are no bad sounds in it and I wouldn't mind checking one out...I imagine it sounds good with single coils as well and it seems like the eq. knobs sound good throughout their range...

that's kind of the point of these demos...to sell pedals...isn't it? If so this was successful...

Chow,
    Seegs

9. Lucidology

Lucidology Member

You do excellent work Jack ...
    It's a very, very kind gesture you're doing for guitarists on pedal searches ...

The time, thought, consideration and the overall effort you put into these demos is priceless ...

You know that a lot of folk here are benefiting a great deal from these vids..
    OUt of over the 20,000 folk hang out here ... only three or four might find fault with 'em ...
    That's doing pretty good in my book ... !!

10. nitehawk55

nitehawk55 Member

I think that one was done very well Jack , you showed what the Zenith could do and it was easy to see and follow what you were doing .

Guys , ya gotta try these OD's out , I think they do it a lot better then known "hyped" ones costing almost twice the price , I'm enjoying mine :p

11. Aj_rocker

Aj_rocker Member

i have to say, i like your playing on this video, much much more than on any other video you have done. I think you showed the full range of different sound too.

great video.

AJ

12. jzucker

thanks AJ (and everyone else).

It is a great pedal.

Regarding the demos, I'm trying to get better so suggestions are always welcome.