• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

artinger hollow vs. prs hollow...?

connor117

Silver Supporting Member
hey gang, any opinions?

im looking for a full hollow, 22 frets, 2 HB, fast comfortable neck...

i play all music, but more into jazz/rock with LOTS of pedals. i guess i really want a langedoc.....any suggestions on a lower price range? thanks!

cb

Millul

Matt Atinger's work seems to be at the very top of the game, but the PRS will probaily cost you less dough, even more so if you buy used!

Take a look at Cliff Cultreri's DAG site: it's full of infos, and he represents a lot of the best luthiers around, Matt Artinger being one of them.

jaeger28

Just played a PRS Hollow 245 SC yesterday and I have to say it was a great experience. Super fast but not skinny neck, great balanced tone on all settings, amazing looks too. Those PRS guys know what they do really.

gadzooka

I've never played a PRS. This Artinger I have played. It's quite nice, as you might expect of a hand-made guitar.

Reyybarra

Silver Supporting Member
I've had my hollowbody II for years now, and i love it, but i would give that mother up for an artinger! Matt's work is simply amazing i'de say go for the Artinger
for what i paid for my HB and what i'm getting back it really isn't the highest return u know for your investment

kingsleyd

Frikkin genyus
Platinum Supporting Member
I own a couple of Artinger electrics (with another in the oven: https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/520571 ), a PRS Hollowbody Spruce, and I owned a Hollowbody I Artist for a while.

Plus, in that vein, I own a vintage ES-335 with PAFs, a Collings I-35 Deluxe, and a newer ES-355. And have owned, now gone, a Johnny A, a few Historic 335s, a Heritage 535, and an Ibanez AS-200. (the original John Scofield guitar)

Although I like the PRSi a whole lot, the Artinger is in a whole 'nother league. Which it should be given that it costs twice as much, give or take. More dynamic, more juicy-sounding, wider range of tones, and the feel is much more alive and organic.

But in a way, it's not a fair comparison. The PRS guitars are carved by a computer and finished by hand -- they do a great job and the guitars are amazingly consistent, but especially with a hollow guitar I think you get a lot more from the wood when it's carved one at a time by a builder who knows how to get the best out of any particular piece of wood.

eurotrashed

Wow, didn't Artinger had so much recognition.

I found Artinger guitars a few months ago when searching for a local place to do a refin. Artinger guitars is just down the road from me. And I just found out Fano is even closer. Small world. lol

duckbunny

I've never played a PRS. This Artinger I have played. It's quite nice, as you might expect of a hand-made guitar.

Man, that's one of the most beautiful guitars I've ever seen. What, If you don't mind my asking, was the wait time on that beauty?

-db

derekd

Silver Supporting Member
After owning a PRS archtop and hollowbody I, I wasn't satisfied with either until I swapped pups. Wonderful instruments for that sort of thing though.

gadzooka

Man, that's one of the most beautiful guitars I've ever seen. What, If you don't mind my asking, was the wait time on that beauty?

-db
It belongs to a friend of mine, and I don't remember how long the wait was. I'll check with him and report back.

jads57

Silver Supporting Member
I`ve owned a PRS Hollowbody 2, and currently a PRS SC Hollowbody Std (all mahogany) Both of these guitars are fantastic! That being said I had a chance to play a singlecut hollow Artinger not plugged in and WOW! If I had the $ I`d buy one.

Trending Topics