Artinger Semi Hollow Convertible

Discussion in 'The Small Company Luthiers' started by AD, Feb 2, 2016.

1. sksmith66

sksmith66 Member

matt's hollow body guitars do gain just fine. I love mine with a roughly dumble-esque amp. I'd imagine these semi-hollow convertible guitars can take tons of gain with no problem.

Mark Kane likes this.
  2. Mark Kane

Mark Kane Gold Supporting Member

Thanks guys!! I'm really thinking on one of these. I would go spruce top most likely.

AD likes this.
  3. big mike

big mike Gold Supporting Member

Love it. Matt's been on my short list for afew years. Wish I had the flow to make something happen..I had a 'RF' style build spec'd with him. but never came up with the flow.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2016
    AD likes this.
  4. DanH8482

DanH8482 Supporting Member

As soon as I get mine I'll be running it through a Mesa Boogie and get a feel for how much gain in can handle, and I have plans to share the results with everyone (audio and video hopefully). When I first spoke with Matt he said it should handle a fair amount of gain because of the block under the bridge that Kingsley mentioned.

dmkz and Mark Kane like this.
  5. dmkz

dmkz Supporting Member

I've been playing mine through a Dr Z Monza recently and it sounds pretty damn good to my ears.

[​IMG]

6. tedcornbread

tedcornbread Supporting Member

Hey KD! I got a pic or two of you jamming with Steve Miller. What an evening that was and so happy for Ken. Let me know if you want a copy.

Can't wait to see your Artinger double convertible!

7. bilbal

bilbal Member

I'm currently spec'ing my semi hollow out with Matt and having a blast. I can't wait!!

Matt seems about as cool as it gets. I hope that I'm not bugging him but every time I look through the damn galleries, I see something sweeter than the last!!!

B

derekd likes this.