As promised, Tremol-No device reviewed

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by HarryJ, Nov 8, 2005.

1. HarryJ

HarryJ Member

Ok, some of you may be aware of this new little device called the tremol-no (available very soon). For those of you who are not familiar, it is a small device that enables you to have 3 different options with a floating "trem" system. And best of all, No mods are necessary.

This is what the options are:

1. Full floating (no difference)
    2. Hard tail mode (locked down in tune)
    3. Dive only mode

Ok, option 1 is self explanatory so I won't elaborate, option 2 is the real deal! When 2 little screws are tightened, your bridge is locked in the position that was in tune. So you can use all of your double and triple stop bends, and remain in tune. Option 3 has some super cool possibilities. In this mode, the bar will only go down, therefore any decrease in string tension will have no effect in the tuning. So you can use drop tunings, drop D, open G, open D for slide and still glide up to notes or chords with the bar, or dive to your hearts content... And remain IN TUNE! So cool!

The installation was very simple. You just replace the spring claw with the tremol-no spring claw, then clamp the other end to the trem sustain block. You do have to also resolder the ground wire. Very simple and quick job. More on installation here: http://www.tremol-no.com/instructions1.asp

After the installation, you then tweak it by making certain that the 2 screws that hold the spring claw are even, so the device is aligned properly.

Done

Now, there is a secondary side effect of this thing... All ready to hear the bad news? Well actually, this side effect is good news. I don't know if it's the extra metal, or the stability created, but there is a subtle, yet noticeable increase in the resonance of the guitar.

Needless to say I'm pleased with this puppy.

Tremol- No Site: http://www.tremol-no.com/
    Video demo: http://www.tremol-no.com/videos.asp

Harry Jacobson
    www.harryj.net

2. Dave Orban

Dave Orban Gold Supporting Member

Yo, Harry...! whaddup...?

3. Is it spam to "review" a product that you endorse?

4. HarryJ

HarryJ Member

I was asked to review by curious members of this forum... but your call bud

HJ

5. Dave Orban

Lighten up, there, Mister 35 Posts... :rolleyes:

6. So you would prefer to attack me rather than answer a question?

I wonder what Tony The Tiger would say about Frosted Flakes? They're GRRRRRRRRRRRRREAT!

7. pedalpat

pedalpat Guest

I don't think its blatant spam if an endorsee talks about a product.

there certainly have been worse cases of spam here, so tremol-no is not any better or worse than that.

8. fullerplast

fullerplast Senior Member

I personally don't care one way or another, but there is a page called "Product Reviews" that seems tailor made for this sort of thing.....:D

9. Dave Orban

Either case, cut the brother some slack, you know...?

10. Dave Orban

I'm just sayin' to cut the man some slack.

When you've been around a while, you can see that the new guys don't always know the ropes. I know Harry, and I don't consider him to be a spammer, not even remotely.

On the other hand, I don't know you, at all. But there's no need for one newbie to be calling out another one, you know...?

11. dfarrar

dfarrar Silver Supporting Member

I have been watching these closely and appreciate the review. It is a shame that people get all worked up over such a thing. Anyways, thanks for the information as I dont see it as spam at all. :dude

12. HarryJ

HarryJ Member

Thx Dave and Fewmm

Sorry to any who have been offended by my review.

In a world that allows such misrepresentation in advertising. I can certainly understand that those who don't know me could mistake me for a shill for the Tremol-no. I mean really, I've been wanting the McDonalds hamburger in the commercial myself.

Dave does know me on the other hand, and I thank you for standing up for me. :)

This device was discussed in one of the threads... it may have been the Weber board as well not certain, but anyway someone had asked for my review after checking it out. That was my review. I thought others who were interested would find it of use. Apparently I was wrong.

Harry J

13. Scott Peterson

Scott Peterson Staff Member

HarryJ is no spammer and his affliation is clearly noted.

I for one am extremely glad to read this review and frankly, cannot wait to get me a few of these things. Hopefully soon!

14. It sounds like you are saying that there is a special set of rules for people you know. If you're friends, it certainly doesn't sound like you're in a position to be objective.

From here, it looks like someone who is paid to use/endorse a product has posted a "review" with tons of links to the website where you can buy the product. In fact, there's more than a little salesmanship in the content (subtly increased resonance? will it improve my eyesight as well?).

Endorsing is advertising. Advertising does not mix well with objective reviews of any product. I wouldn't put it past any retailer, dealer, or manufacturer to spend money and effort to steer public opinion on discussion forums. It's happened here or has happened here already. Maybe they should just change the name of this website to Chock Full O' Gear Spam.com

15. 1) How is it not spam? He "works" for the company he is posting about.

2) Where is the affiliation clearly noted? I don't see anything on his review to warn me that he is compensated to use the product.

16. aleclee

aleclee TGP Tech Wrangler Staff Member

Given the fact that Kevan hasn't yet sold a single T-No, I find it unlikely that he has the budget to pay anyone to endorse his product. I could be wrong but based on my experience boot-strapping a company, it seems like a long shot to me. If someone likes a product enough to lend their name for free, it hardly seems like shilling to me.
    It was discussed but that domain name was already taken. :rolleyes:

17. HarryJ

HarryJ Member

Wow... Not!

I do not work for Tremol-no
    I do not get paid by Tremol-no to use their product

Jeeez!

Harry J

18. FlackBase

FlackBase Felonious Monkey Gold Supporting Member

Any idea how much it will cost and when/where it will be available? If it really works, I need one.

19. Dave Orban

It sounds to me like you're full of yourself...

20. MattB

MattB Member

Chill out mang....Scott P doesn't have a problem with it. Its his board......plus its good info.

You don't like it here? Click that little "X" at the top of your browser.

Anyway....Thanks for the review. I am psyched to pop one of these into my Custom 24.

When can we get em?