As the economy tumbles which amp will you sell first?

Galo

After thinking about it for a wile I decided, if I have to sell one of my amps it will be my pignose.

:dunno

Kappy

I don't have anything irreplaceable, so if times got rough I could sell it all. I can play through a single acoustic guitar for a long time and be happy (it's a Collings though, so it's probably a bit easier to be happy playing that ;)). First amp to go would be either my Carr Rambler (though I really dig it) or my Fuchs TDS, depending on how much money I needed.

NFB

After thinking about it for a wile I decided, if I have to sell one of my amps it will be my pignose.

:dunno
Ahhhhhhh Galo......the infamous Pignose.........That should be the last amp you should let go...........Many great albums recorded guitars with a pignose......so lite and versatile.....mic it up and any gig is possible........

Nolatone Ampworks

Platinum Supporting Member
Order of disposal:

1) House
2) Pets (not worth much)
3) Wife (huge liability value)
4) Kids (hate to see em go)
5) Legs (not needed to play guitar)
5) Orange Rockerverb
Better hang on the the house, unless you can borrow and extension cord from your neighbor :)

Galo

But there are not loud enough for gigging!!!!

But wait,:eek: maybe you are right there might not be any gigs anyway...ahhhhh I'll keep it.

Ahhhhhhh Galo......the infamous Pignose.........That should be the last amp you should let go...........Many great albums recorded guitars with a pignose......so lite and versatile.....mic it up and any gig is possible........

NFB

But there are not loud enough for gigging!!!!

But wait,:eek: maybe you are right there might not be any gigs anyway...ahhhhh I'll keep it.

You better keep it..........the way things are heading.......it does not look good.

Mic the thing.....if it ain't loud enough........

Rock72

Don't have to get rid of any amps, but if I had to chose between feeding my 2 kids and the amps, they're out in a heartbeat.

Jahn

Listens to Johnny Marr, plays like John Denver
Silver Supporting Member
I've had this amp longer than any other, in fact, going on a decade. But if worst comes to worst, I'll sell this first before the rest of my amps:

BlackIrish

Sold
Mesa 20/20
Mesa Dual Rec 3ch w/ head case
Rocktron Prophesy
Now just main rig + back up and pedals

Guitars never leave

guitarist58

Nobody wants my cheap-a$$ amps in this economy or any other :D

That being said, the last things I'd sell are the pedals I acquired most recently--a Timmy, HBOD, EGDM & Jetter Gold :BITCH

LSchefman

It's the Fall of the Roman Empire.

The barbarians are at the gates. All we need now is the Plague.

We're gonna have to hit the road with everything in hand carts, might as well take our amps with us. ;)

"What's that box for, grandpa?"

"Oh, it's what used to be called an amplifier before the Empire fell. Remember that wooden thing we used to build a fire the other day?"

"Sure, grandpa, you built a fire so we could eat."

"Well, that was called a guitar. We used to make music on them, and plug them into that box called the amplifier to make them louder."

"What's music? Hey, Grandpa, I'm hungry. Do you think we could burn that box and make some food?"

"Touch that box and I'll have to kill you, boy!" ;)

Trending Topics