ASAT MFD single coils...

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by lespaul6, Mar 26, 2008.

1. lespaul6

lespaul6 Senior Member

Can anyone tell me if these pickups sound acceptable in higher gain situations? Are they a fender amp pickup or more versatile than that? Anyone know what the Dc resistance is for these? thanks!

2. lespaul6

lespaul6 Senior Member

I forgot to clarify; these are the big P90 looking type, not the classic single coils they also offer with adjustable pole pieces.

3. bluesrules

bluesrules Member

I had the soapbar sized MFD's in a Semi-hollow (G&L ASAT Special), awesome clean tone but not for any grit at all. Sadly that's why I sold it. I will try again someday in a solidbody G&L.

I still have a ASAT Classic with the single coil size. Mucho better for high gain playing!

4. Telecaster

Telecaster Member

I have an Asat Special with the big MFD's. I don't like the sound through a clean (Fender) 6L6-amp but the guitar sounds fantastic through my Fender ProJr (EL84), Marshall 18w (EL84) and Z28 (6V6). Ymmv.

5. lespaul6

lespaul6 Senior Member

I have a semi hollow special comming with the p90 type single coils. Ive heard some good cleans from will ray on youtube, and some good grit sounds (medium gain) from the hellecasters in general. I do not play with a ton of gain, so I"m not worried about feedback. Just wondering if the tightness will be there for the bottom end. I use a soldano slo with the gain set halfway up, sounds like a screamin Jimi Hendrix tone or angus young with a tad more sustain (like his 80's tone)...fly on the wall etc., I play in a sleazy hard rock band- Hanoi Rocks, old guns n roses etc.