1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

ASAT Special Semi-Hollow, what's the scoop?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Soundhound, Jul 1, 2005.

1. Soundhound

Soundhound Member

I've got it bad for an ASAT Special Semi-Hollow. I'm seriously looking into them, even thinking about trading in my mid-ninties (American Standard?) tele on/for one.

My question is, I've been reading here and other places about the G&L Tributes. Anyone have experience with ASAT Tributes and USA models? What are the differences? Are they really negligible? Or are the USA models better made, better sounding/playing etc?

thanks.

2. jbright44

jbright44 Member

I have that exact guitar in the tribute series. It's every bit as good as the american. So much so, that I traded my american asat classic for it.

Unless you are some "cork sniffing" ultra sensitive hearing guy, the differences are neglible, if any. The tributes are fantastic guitars. I love mine.

3. Soundhound

Soundhound Member

thanks jbright, I'd read your theads about the asat and was mucho encouraged about your reports about the Tributes.

Anybody else have a perscpective on this?

Also, do the Tributes have the Buzz Feiten tuning system? Do any of the ASAT USAs?

thanks!

4. GCDEF

GCDEF Supporting Member

I've got a Bluesbody Semi-hollow without the f holes. I don't think a better sounding guitar has been made. It's very light too.

5. Soundhound

Soundhound Member

gcdef
    thanks. Is yours a Tribute or a USA?

6. GCDEF

GCDEF Supporting Member

USA. I don't think they make a tribute Bluesboy.

7. MichaelK

MichaelK Member

I have an ASAT Semihollow with a maple fretboard. Fantastic guitar, my favorite right now.

8. Soundhound

Soundhound Member

michael K, Tribute or USA?

9. MichaelK

MichaelK Member

USA

10. aquadog

aquadog Member

Yes, the semi-hollow asats are amazing. My teacher was looking for a new tele, and I pointed him in the right direction. It's been getting some major playing time- he even brings it to his jazz gigs and plays it right along side his ribbecke, which believe me is an amazing guitar in itself.
    Its a USA, I think special. Amazing guitar.