Ashun Sound Machines Hydrasynth

Discussion in 'Keyboards and Synthesizers' started by GovernorSilver, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Stokely

Stokely Member

Liking what I'm hearing with the classic tones...this one was on my long-term radar for my gig rig--all those plans being on hold right now, the virus has made my employment a bit tenuous unfortunately. no big expenditures.. My ultimate rig (for now! How many ultimate rigs have we all had....) was going to be a Nord stage compact with some kind of knobby synth above it. I've done seven years of gigging with my current band almost all piano, epiano and organ recently and want to shake things up!

My old Virus kB (which I never should have sold) was great fun live with all the controls. In a way this is similar to the Virus in that by using it for classic rock it'd be doing something maybe that isn't the norm or the expected for the instrument. Prophet rev2 was my frontrunner but this could be a contender if it can do classic rock reasonably well. (My band is far from a stickler about being "like the album" so not looking to get things exact.) It has the advantage of having that poly AT to use at home as a controller. Iirc this has a DC power supply which I dislike--if I'm mistaken great. Not a show-stopper but I find those cords a PITA live and much prefer being able to use standard power cords for everything.

2. Brockstar

Brockstar Member

The argon8m desktop module joined forces today with my hydrasynth :D

[​IMG]

3. Pellecaster

Pellecaster Member

That looks like a fun pair :dude

Brockstar likes this.
  4. white cloud

white cloud Member

What's your impression so far? On it's own and how it sounds compared to the HS? I almost got the A8 keyboard but at the last minute bought the Hydrasynth and now there is a module hmmmmmmm

Brockstar likes this.
  5. Brockstar

Brockstar Member

I think it's too early to tell seeing that I just got it today. I'm loving both for now. We'll see how that holds up later. I do like the randomizer in argon8m a lot better than the one in hydrasynth when it comes to preset randomizations. The one in hydrasynth reminds me too much of blofeld where it would give you crap and silence most of the time. The one in argon8m is actually musical and throws a lot of cool stuff all the time.

white cloud likes this.
  6. tjontheroad

tjontheroad Just Wanna Be Misunderstood Vendor

New Jersey... YOU GOTTA PROBLEM WITH THAT?!?!
    Coming Soon!!! ASM Hydrasynth - AmbiEssence Preset Pack

This track is a preview of the soon to be released new preset pack called "AmbiEssence" for the ASM Hydrasynth. Look for it soon on TJontheRoad.com. All sound is from the ASM Hydrasynth. No post effects, other than mixing, were used.

Brockstar likes this.
  7. Brockstar

Brockstar Member

20 free presets for hydrasynth from me! Enjoy!

tjontheroad likes this.
  8. tjontheroad

tjontheroad Just Wanna Be Misunderstood Vendor

New Jersey... YOU GOTTA PROBLEM WITH THAT?!?!
    New!!! ASM Hydrasynth - AmbiEssence Preset Pack Introducing "AmbiEssence" for the ASM Hydrasynth. 64 specially created presets for ambient soundscapes, rhythmic pulsations, plus a few other surprises. Full preset demo here. Video is lengthy. Take time to see/hear it all with a good listening system.

Get this TJontheRoad Synthesizer Preset Pack at TJontheRoad.com

Brockstar likes this.