[ask] Im looking some guitars plans...

Discussion in 'Luthier's Guitar & Bass Technical Discussion' started by betterfly, Jul 31, 2008.

1. betterfly

betterfly Member

Hi everybody,
    im a product designer...right now im trying to create a new design of guitars & basses for my own...right now im still learning the 2 legendary guitars fender & gibson.
    I looking for fender & gibson of any series (i need to know why their designs become so great design???) plans/thecnical drawing/pdf for a detailing...
    can you help me guys??? :)
    Thanx

2. Tinman

Tinman Member

Is it okay if I just sketch it on a bar napkin?

3. Tinman

Tinman Member

Once you get a hold of those thecnical drawings, it'll be completely obvious why their designs become so great. Come on Gearpage, let's help out a new member, who I'm certain has no plans to make knock-offs of the real thing.

4. twinrider1

twinrider1 Member

5. ButchP

ButchP Member

When you get a tech drawings you'll see how perfectly proportioned a Strat is. The middle of the neck pocket is center. The middle of the horns divide the into the other quarters.There's balance and purpose to every angle.

I've bent that shape most every way possible and IMO besides some Jag and Jazz bass back bout downward slant... the Strat just "looks" right. That design wasn't an accident.That's why it's so hard to variate it. They still look like a Strat but not as aesthetically pleasing .. IMO

BP