ASW KTS-70 vs Celestion Blue for Voxy amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by miteemike3, Feb 7, 2012.

Which speaker for Voxy chime/cut?

1. Austin Speaker Works KTS-70

2. Celestion Blue

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. miteemike3

miteemike3 Member

I'm looking for a new speaker for a Morgan DAG15 (think Vox AC15-ish) and am seeking your recommendations. I've currently got a G12-H70 in there that I'm not really liking anymore and am looking for a little more chime/cut that also sizzles when pushed hard. I know Joe Morgan offers both speaker choices with his amps but from what I've researched, both of these speakers kind of fit the mold of what I'm looking for... what do you think and why?

2. jwmoose

jwmoose Member

I have a Dual 20 that came with a KTS-70 when I bought it. Recently swapped it out for an Absolute (the ASW take on a Blue). My preference is for the Absolute (or Blue), which I think gives more chime, smoothness, and warmth, but you can't go wrong with either. I remember the KTS-70 providing that cut and sizzle that you're looking for.

3. dbeeman

dbeeman Gold Supporting Member

Cele Blue is the standard. I do like a single ASW elegante in my dual 40. You may like the ASW Absolute.

The ASw-70 will be sweeter than the Cele G12H

4. rburkard

rburkard Gold Supporting Member

Everybody including me would automatically choose the Blue for a Vox Style amp, but I used both the ASW KTS-60 and KTS-70 with a very Magic Brit II and it sounded absolutely outstanding. You trade off a slightly reduction in compression for more clarity and balls with more versatily in sound that is still totally Vox. Big surprise here.
    Rene

5. gillman royce

gillman royce Member

The Blue is part of McVox's Secret Sauce

6. Jaya

Jaya Supporting Member

I have KTS70 in my Dual 20. It does have that sizzle that you are looking for pushed but if you are going to play at lower volumes I would go with Blue. As a matter of fact that is what I need for my amp since I play more at lower volumes and clean.

7. smalltownsongs

smalltownsongs Supporting Member

I've got an AC20 Deluxe, so we're not that far off here.... I liked the blue it came with. A LOT. I had a Gold lying around here and put that in for a hot minute, as well as a G12H30, but I think I really prefer the Blue to bring out the compression and chimey goodness that Voxy style amps are inherently known for.