At what point do pedals become a fetish?

cyberprimate

When you start buying pedals not quite for their actual usefulness but as a different flavour of what you already have (and possibly don't use that much…). I try to stay at where the basics functions are covered (with 1 reverb, 1 vibrato, 1 granular, etc.), but with three OD I'm already on the wrong track, although this can be justified for gain staging.

Last edited:

stargazer747

Here are my thoughts....

If you polish them, it’s become a fetish.

If you removed the back cover to look at the guts as soon as you got it...fetish.

If you go through Deoxit D5 faster than your own shampoo...fetish.

If you build pedalboards based on pedal colour... fetish.

If you can recite the accepted voltage range and milliamps for all your pedals... fetish.

If you care about the box and manual as much as the unit... fetish.

If you apply Velcro with microscopic precision around the backplate labels...fetish.

If your license plate is “JRC 4558”... fetish.

(... I’ve said too much....)
Barnzy
Basically, all this is factual scientific proof that I have a pedal fetish, there, I've said it, ok isn't finally admitting to it an acknowledgement of the problem? But mind you, I'm not looking for a remedy, I enjoy being a pedal junkie!

The Captain

What kind of mod on the Metal Zone? I've tried the removal of C35 and that's a winner, but curious what else works.

Plug it into the effects return. Ola Englund did a youtube on it. I thought everyone saw that cos there was a ton of copy-cat murders afterwards.

slowerhand

Silver Supporting Member
I bought 3 last night, 2 today, and thinking about a 6th, and it's been like that for a while. At least it's cured my GAS for guitars. They take less space and they're cheaper.

GreatSatan

when you don't play them at all beyond once or twice the first week you get them, then you go & buy the next hype-box.
No pedals is too many if you actually play the things, but at some point you've got to ask yourself what is it you're looking for exactly?

I always pull the backs off my analog pedals. Not like I understand the circuit but I just can’t help it

Velcro if I even add it never touches back labels.

If I don’t have the box and paperwork I always feel less whole.

I only polish them before I flip them on Reverb or the Emporium though.
I think it was an "if you answered yes to ANY of the above..." situation. :)

Hawkmoon269

Irrational Digitech Fanatic
Silver Supporting Member
when you start posting photos of your pedalboard

Good idea. I present to you: The Rainbow of Toan

VbSLG8Z.jpg

MadFrank

Silver Supporting Member
It became my fetish 12 years ago when I gave up Cuban Cigars and got into guitar gear big time.
I just swapped one fetish for another really. God help me with what comes after this!!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom