ATA Road case for my Bassman LTD

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by RDM, Feb 13, 2008.

1. RDM

RDM Senior Member

Looking into roadcase options for my amp. Not sure if it's something I'm going to do....but can anyone recomend me a good ATA case company that will give me a decent product at an affordable price?

I'm not looking to break the bank since I don't tour, but will be playing more and more shows soon.

2. revgsmall

revgsmall Member

If you are not "touring" and/or having some gorilla load your gear for you, I don't see a whole lot of sense in them. A case the size of a bassman adds alot of weight to/from your gigs. I had one for my Mesa Boogie 1x12 combo and I basically stopped using it for that reason. By all means though a good slip cover is essential, I really like some of the padded ones that are out now.

There is a real art to packing the band van. Amps should not be banging around, they should be gingerly put in tightly with the equipment. As soon as the band gets in a rush, accidents will happen.

That being said, and if you still want one, make sure you get one with recessed locks and handles. As soon as something heavy is jammed along side or on top, it will bust a non-recessed lock and then you really have problems. One quick search on the internet and you will find several companies, they seem to be about the same in price.

3. NicDo

NicDo Member

Get one! i wished i had bought them for my other amps, and those have been roughed up in the trailer and back of vans. even in my own car. you have a nice amp, so don't miss around. slip covers don't do much much but keep the dust off.

i recently started buying great cases for all of my gear. after checking out the quality, and shopping around on the net- i've settled on ordering my stuff from XCASE (they sell on ebay). the custom cases i've received from them have come to my house in less than 1.5 weeks after order. top notch materials and work. they also use the best casters i have ever seen on anything. also- i wasn't buying by price, but their cases happened to cost the same or less than the other companies. very reasonable shipping too.

i have no affiliation with the company, but they have really impressed me. i won't even look around if i need another case, straight to their small company!

4. RDM

RDM Senior Member

Thanks for the heads up!

5. RDM

RDM Senior Member

Anyone else? What about used ones?

6. woof*

woof* Member

I'll second a vote for Xcasewholesale. over the years, ive owned all the major brands..(Anvil/Calzone etc) and Xcase hold up as well as anything out there. very well made, excellent service too. they are located right next to a fedex hub and ship really fast. i own several of their caes.. and no affiliation either.