• Supporting Membership Changes

The Supporting Memberships are currently being updated moving forward.

In order to coordinate giveaway drawings to the Supporting Members there will be a new alignment in the naming of the tiers. (Note: Non-Supporting (Basic) and Monthly Supporting Members can get into the drawings by mailing a postcard. Details on that will follow with a giveaway starting soon).

The pricing for each Supporting Membership level remains the same though the naming of them will change. The privileges remain the same as current but with the new name. If you are a current Supporting Member, you will be upgraded automatically for the existing term of your Supporting Membership. We are introducing a new tier with new perks.

Table here

Supporting Membership Guide

• Monthly Supporting Members will remain Supporting Members
    • Current annual Supporting Members will now be Silver Supporting Members. Perks and permissions remain the same
    • Current Silver Supporting Members will now be Gold Supporting Members
    • Current Gold Supporting Members will now be Platinum Supporting Members
    • A new level will be created - Double Platinum Supporting Members

All memberships will now have the option to remain as non-recurring memberships or choose reccuring memberships moving forward. *Note: current memberships will NOT be changed to recurring memberships.

Atlanta Discount Music is moving?

bgmacaw

From their Facebook page...

Our new store at 3514 Chamblee Dunwoody Rd. Chamblee, GA 30341 will open soon.

reentune

Supporting Member
Have they been on Clairmont in the same spot they were between 1990 and 1997?
I got some good stuff there at the time—a brand-new Yamaha Pacifica 1221 (for $350) that Skin Deep won in a battle of the bands.
Who owns/runs the place these days? I'll stop by next time I'm in town.

Guitar Josh

Resident Curmudgeon
Silver Supporting Member
I sometimes think people use TGP like it's Google or a telephone.

cvansickle

Silver Supporting Member
I bought a Vox amp from ADM on Saturday, their last day of business in the little purple house. Saved big!

I never really dug the purple place. The old Clairemont store was the best store Atlanta ever had. I bought tons of gear from there, going back to 1985. I'm sure I put George's son Marshall through college! Got to meet and get to know Peter Stroud before he was famous too.

HeyMrTeleMan

Colonel of Truth
To those of us familiar with the area, it's just east of the intersection of Peachtree Blvd and Chamblee Dunwoody Road. Chamblee Dunwoody splits there and goes left, but stay right and it's the second or third building on the left.

Can't wait to see the new digs. George told me he bought that place and had it built out. The old purple joint across from Frito Lowes is being developed into a shopping center anchored by Whole Foods.

HMTM

friend33

Silver Supporting Member
I bought my Goodsell from the little purple house some years ago. I was in town for a conference, took a taxi out there several days in a row to try all the gear. The guys were really accommodating, fun place!

MikeVB

Supporting Member
Do Page and the other guy with long, beautiful black hair still work at ADM?

I think Page might've worked for Dave Tiller at Midtown, also.

HeyMrTeleMan

Colonel of Truth
Do Page and the other guy with long, beautiful black hair still work at ADM?

I think Page might've worked for Dave Tiller at Midtown, also.
Page is gone, but he was there visiting a couple of weeks ago when I found out they were moving. And yes, he did work at Midtown Music. I miss those guys.
Jimmie, the long hair, is still at ADM. Great guys with an eclectic inventory of new and used and vintage gear.

HMTM

louderock

Page is gone, but he was there visiting a couple of weeks ago when I found out they were moving. And yes, he did work at Midtown Music. I miss those guys.
Jimmie, the long hair, is still at ADM. Great guys with an eclectic inventory of new and used and vintage gear.

HMTM
Didn't Page work at Clark Music on Ponce de Leon as well?...... waaaay back

HeyMrTeleMan

Colonel of Truth
To those of us familiar with the area, it's just east of the intersection of Peachtree Blvd and Chamblee Dunwoody Road. Chamblee Dunwoody splits there and goes left, but stay right and it's the second or third building on the left.

Can't wait to see the new digs. George told me he bought that place and had it built out. The old purple joint across from Frito Lowes is being developed into a shopping center anchored by Whole Foods.

HMTM
"I pity the fool who replies to his own posts..."

OK, I finally found the new location and I was wrong by one building. It's in the very first building at the "Y" split and you can enter from either road. The building is "beige-y" and there is plenty of parking.

The new location has it's own funkyness, just like the old one, except it's bigger and nicer, with more inventory. Lots of guitars (Gretsch, Ricks, lots of Nash's, and plenty of basses and acoustics. There aren't a lot of vintage guitars, but pretty much something for everyone. Amps include Goodsell, Vintage Sound, Mesa, etc. with quite a few vintage amps. There are a number of consignment and used items and one of the best pedal inventories I've seen, both new and used. And lots of other accessories.

If you live here or are coming to town, you owe it to yourself to check out their new digs. It was a pleasure to see owner George Coats back in the saddle again. He got pushed out of his old shop in a rude and inconvenient way and it took a lot out of him to make the new place come together quickly. But he did a great job.

No affiliation, but I have bought a good deal of gear from them.

HMTM

vintage66

I dug the little purple house and bought a few things there-Nash tele, some pedals. Got my Gibson acoustic from the previous location and remember getting my Les Paul refretted as a teenager back in the 80's at the connected repair shop. It's not a convenient location so I rarely make it out there but it's my favorite shop. I'll have to check out the new one. Thanks for the heads up-had no idea they had moved.

cvansickle

Silver Supporting Member
Boys, behave!

Congrats to George and crew on the new place. Can't wait to see it.

SharkAtl

I really hope they paint the new store purple. It's hard to break a habit of telling my wife every Saturday that I am headed over to the Purple House for a while. These guys are only about 3 miles from my house. Great group of guys and some killer instruments. I hope the move works for them.