1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

Atlas Electrics, Thailand

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by AlexF, May 23, 2011.

1. AlexF

AlexF Member

Its not often I get blown away by quality and extreme value, but I've just got to share this one with you, I just bought this for £400 UK, about the same as a new Epi here, but this is built RIGHT. Handbuilt and the spec is Honduras one piece back, solid Canadian maple top, ebony board and headstock face (with really neat abalone inlays), beautifully fretted with fret edge binding, high quality hardware, 'correct' (historic) neck/body angle, superbly put together, really only 2 compromises on an uber expensive guitar - its almost 10 lb and poly finished, but I can stand that at this price. Check the website, the new stuff looks pretty thrilling too.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Bob Maximus

Bob Maximus Silver Supporting Member

looks great! linky-poo please

3. will132

will132 Member

4. B Money

B Money Member

I semi-recall an epic thread over at HC about Atlas guitars. I thought they were in the Philippines though. As I remember, an HC member custom ordered a PRS style guitar from them and was quite pleased with the result. I'll check out the link, always looking for a good source of quality made guitars that aren't priced through the stratosphere!

5. sonic_777111

sonic_777111 Member

Wow! These are really cool! That Ultimate 1 is just calling my name...are these seriously like PRSes, Vigiers, Charvels, and Gibsons at decent prices? And they're seriously available in America (even though all the reviews on the site are from England and the commonwealths)? WANT. I love the inlay work on the marlin guitar...I think it's funny that some of the basses come with "natural gross" finishes. Oh, Asian languages and their lack of liquid consonants...

6. AlexF

AlexF Member

very very nearly as tidy as my historic...
    Seriously good guitar. Due to their lack of visibility as a maker, that makes them a truly unbelievable second hand buy, I count myself lucky to have found this one.

7. musicofanatic5

musicofanatic5 Member

From the provided photos, my only niggle would be the ghastly chrome hardware, which could be easily changed, I reckon. In terms of accuracy, this utterly buries any Agile (not hard to do, of course!). How do they get away with that headstock and t.r cover shape? Have the vast and bloodthirsty army of Gbsn lawyers just not found them yet? You know they will; better get one quick if you want one!

8. B Money

B Money Member

I seriously doubt that Gibson can do anything to stop a manufacturer in Thailand making copies of thier guitars.

It's nice to see that the examples shown on the Atlas website seem to have some small but significant differences from the models they are based on.

9. fierce_carrot

fierce_carrot Member

Some impressive work they are putting out but I was shocked that they don't have a tele style in their lineup...